1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help - Fear of approaching girl

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by primo19, Jan 9, 2020.

1. 251219

251219 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your nice words @SirWanksalot . I think sites like this could be a gold mine for anyone who needs inspiration, because the journey can be very hard and most of times we think we are alone, we are the only bad ones going through such things and we do not deserve anything better from life. Luckily enough, reality is very different and we all can achieve more than we imagine: sometimes we just need someone reminding us how worth is fight.

I try to find my own "mentors" by reading a lot, watching videos and listening to podcasts about self development which include, obviously, subjects like these. I also discuss a lot with my trusted friends and learn from both mine and their mistakes. However, theory is always theory, so I always try to put myself out of comfort zone as often as I can and learn from my own experience.

Finally, to answer your question, meditation is something I have recently started to practise: it helps me a lot at night, before going to bed, in order to release the accumulated stress and to leave potential negative thoughts which I don't want to bring with me during my sleep. Additionally, it saves me from using the smartphone or any kind of device with a display before sleeping, which results in a better quality of sleep.

SirWanksalot and primo19 like this.
  2. primo19

primo19 Fapstronaut

I wanted to post a little update about my current situation. I went to high school prom, but I went to it... with my sister. I didn't approached that girl. Why? Because I though that is going to be too much. I mean, I have crippling social anxiety, which I think is not related with my PMO addiction, I'm also shy from nature. Going to that party was just a big challenge for me, and I mean BIG. Trying to have a good time with girl of my dreams at the same time is another big challenge. That was my first time in that kind of situation. I wanted to feel at least slightly comfortable, that's why I invite my sister. In summary:
    - I step out of my comfort zone,
    - I was drinking for first time in my life, and I know how my body react to it,
    - I was dancing (not so good, but I encourage myself to do this and I had a good time to be honest),
    - I was socializing more.
    Also when I was dancing with really beautiful girl, my friend's sister (she was with him) I felt something incredible. When we was that close, when I was sliding my hand across her body and so on... I felt aroused. First time in many weeks. To be honest I get a fucking boner while dancing. I don't know if my flatline is gone but I'm happy that I felt lust for the real woman, not pixelated one. I'm still shy person, I'm still not a party guy, but I'm proud that I tried it. I will work on myself and when I get rid of social anxiety, I will try to maybe start something with females. I just want to get to it step by step, by constant effort.
    Thank you for all motivational posts, thanks for all advices. Sorry if I failed you...
    Greetings.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    251219, Submariner and SirWanksalot like this.
  3. SirWanksalot

SirWanksalot Fapstronaut

Nah man, you didn't fail at all, super proud of you!
    Love that you are exploring to go out of your comfort zone and making these new experiences. Take it one step at a time on YOUR journey and make your own decisions.

And I guess instead of "slicing my hand through her body" you probably meant something along the lines of "sliding my hand across her body" lol
    The first sounds more like from a horror movie ;-)

Anyway, proud of you and keep going. Reflect on what was authentically important to you, learn from it and keep building on it. That's all anyone of us can do anyway.
    Best wishes for you!

primo19 likes this.