1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and Acne?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bluffy, May 7, 2015.

1. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

I know there have been lots of threads about this, but I was wondering what people thought about nofap's affect on acne. For me, it makes mine super bad. But I'm not 100 percent sure what causes it. Is it the orgasm? The ejaculation ? The horniness? Lol. What do you guys think?

2. DeckhandDan98

DeckhandDan98 Fapstronaut

I never thought that there was a connection between them. But because you mentioned it, I did notice my acne get worse over the weekend when I relapsed, unfortunately. That makes sense that they would be connected.

I have no idea what would be the cause of it. My guess is that the chemicals released during M would affect the acne somehow.... All that makes sense to me is that it just gives another reason to stop PMO!

YiboW and Bluffy like this.
  3. YiboW

YiboW Fapstronaut

Yeah, in fact a couple months ago someone on Reddit mentioned that NoFap helped with clearing acne.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. nomorefapman

nomorefapman Fapstronaut

Definitely the case for me. For me, I believe it's mostly the indirect effects of NoFap. For example, when I DON'T DO THE DEED my sleep schedule is more consistent and my quality of sleep feels way better. I also eat better and I'm just less lazy in general.

just one of the many benefits of not fapping

5. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

Yeah same. But I'm not sure what causes the acne.. which is really annoying.

6. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

I thought I replied to this thread but it must have been another one! My opinion is that acne is caused by a hormonal imbalance with usually higher androgen levels. This was the case for me when I was younger as my hormones were out of whack (I'm a woman). Masturbation in excess decreases testosterone which naturally keeps androgen in check. So this can cause acne in some people. Healthier diet, less masturbation, more sleep all contribute to healthy hormone levels which helps cure acne.

DeckhandDan98 and YiboW like this.
  7. beauty

beauty Fapstronaut

NoFap has certainly help cleared up most of my acne. Either that or there was a huge coincidence that I undertook NoFap around the same time I began to see great results with regards to acne. From my own firsthand experience I wholeheartedly believe that masturbation and acne are interconnected in more ways than not. Every time I masturbate I've noticed another breakout a couple days later!

Kurapika likes this.
  8. Monocle24

Monocle24 Fapstronaut

Agree with beauty. My spots are gone after just 23 days and my skin looks much better. I have had acne since I m 12 and never get ride of it but now it's almost gone. It's incredible:)

9. Pureheart

Pureheart Fapstronaut

Well, saying that fapping clears acne is nonsense. It its true that high testosteron levels may play a role in effecting acne but what really causes it, is the havoc in the hormonal system. High spikes then lows then spikes then lows - that is what fapping does to your body. So yes, it is perfectly possible that fapping makes your skin worse.
    One cannot just give Testo the fault for acne, it´s a complex cocktail of several hormons, proteins and immunereactions that causes it and if your skin gets worse after abstaining from fapping it´s is very likely that it´s a temporary deterioration and sign that your hormonal system is recovering.

10. @Bluffy:

Check "skin care with Ross" on Youtube.

Honestly, that guy is is a bit too much in to skin care.

But he will explain you how to take better care of your skin.

There is even video about Acne.

Some of his advise helped me several years ago.

-------
    But I'm not 100 percent sure what causes it. Is it the orgasm? The ejaculation ? The horniness? Lol. What do you guys think?

It could be an image of yourself which get worse after Fapping... (basicaly you get more insecure...)
    -------
    Good Luck!