sometimes i regret founding out about this topic

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Jan 28, 2020.

1. I used to fap 2-3 times a week plus times i had sex and i didnt feel like shit when i would release but now i feel horrible bro like i just spilled my fuckin blood and im sitting here like god damn these benefits are 10% real 90% psychological, prove me wrong

neversaynever likes this.
  2. My personal opinion the benefits men see differ.

For instance some men are born charismatic and nofap may not give him noticeable effects in his already present confidence. Sort of like that

neversaynever likes this.
  3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

That's why prolonged hard-mode is the fastest, safest and most rewarding way out of the PMO-swamp. I have been doing it for almost two years right now and there is no chance I would have made that progress during this time-period if I had gone from PMO to sex right away.
    The chaser-effect would probably have been too strong.

CaptainFranklin and CH3RRY like this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Yes, it is psychological.

5. neversaynever

neversaynever Fapstronaut

I feel the same way too. So I do not follow strict abstinence but only letting myself go when I think I have got a true thirst for "it". It comes out to be about once a week.

6. 4 months in here and ive hit a wall. I guess its flatline as they say. It must be. I go through a severe head preassure the moment i wake up. I am very goal oriented and living my purpose. I am willing to endure this if it l go as they say flatline doe7 eventually. Any tips

7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

What does your habits look like?
    If they are good, healthy and productive overall, that flatline shouldn't appear in the first place (if you have gone from regular PMO-use) but it might appear if you have previously been a heavy PMO-user for a long time. It will take a lot of rewiring to get off all of that dopamine and might be why you are having such headaches.
    It has taken me two years of disciplined hard-mode PMO-abstinence to reboot from 80-85% of my former toxic habits, mindsets, thoughts, and actions that I had during my PMO-days. And I was only an occasional user btw (I was only PMO:ing 2-3 times /week and never watched too hardcore stuff). So believe me when I say you shouldn't underestimate the time a full reboot actually takes. It is an intense battle that will last for at least a few years (like in my case) or for decades if you relapse time after time.

Do you hydrate enough? If not, drink at least a few liters of it every day, preferably with some lemon, lime, and cucumber slices in it.
    Is your diet healthy? If you are eating lots of fast-food and junk, all of those additives, preservatives and added sugars might be messing with your brain and entire system as well. If you only stick to a whole-foods diet with lots of fruits and veggies in, you should definitely be on your way out from that flatline.

CH3RRY and Deleted Account like this.
  8. I surely was not hydrating enough. I l do that going forward.

goodnice 2.0 and Angus McGyver like this.
  9. neversaynever

neversaynever Fapstronaut

+1 on the hydrating. It surely was something that helped me. I found myself really thirsty lately, especially in the evenings, but something prevented me from drinking the insane amounts of water that I now do. I think I chug a glass every 20 mins in the evening hours..