1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting as a spiritual weapon

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

Edson1997 and Invictus24 like this.
  2. James02

James02 Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. I've fasted in the past, sometimes, it can be a trigger (due to BLAST, HALT); sometimes it strengthens me. I just want to caution S.A. individuals to tread carefully and do so with guidance with regards to any hard fasting techniques without practice to know how your body/mind will react.

Tryin' Hard and LavaMe like this.
  3. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

Great point. I think challenging fasts can be great, but while we are still recovering it could also carry some risks. For those susceptible (which includes me) maybe start with less challenging things like abstinence for example meatless Friday’s or other days, no cream in your coffee etc. We should strive to really discipline ourselves, but we should also know our limits for what is safe given our current condition.

4. I have fasted during lent before but have been wanting to take it up again, not just to help with my PMO addiction but also with my spiritual life. Thank you for the information.

LavaMe likes this.
  5. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

It helped me to a great degree. When one is so hungry, how can you be thinking about other pleasures?

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Cuauhtli

Cuauhtli Fapstronaut

With lent fastly approaching its a good time to do some fasting that can help you strengthen your will and avoid watching P or P substitutes and avoid M. I wanna reduce drastically my screen time that in a way or another is leading me to M. Instead of this I would like to read more, catch up with my friendships and exercise. If someone would like to join or chat about this challenge for let let me know. Pax!

7. kb117

kb117 Fapstronaut

Fasting coupled with prayer/meditation helps me see things more clearly. In order to survive, our priority instinct is to find food. We are smart creatures so we've learned that information about where the food is is more important than the food itself. So psychologically, I think when we fast our bodies become hypersensitive to information that might lead us to food. Christ said, "For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed." (John 6:55) When we fast as Christians, Christ leads us to Himself in a deeply profound way that we can't fully realize. What do you guys think?

8. Meditation and prayer have helped me a lot when it comes to aiming towards being a man of Christ. I have yet to try much fasting, but I will go for two days straight and report back on how I have felt Christ during that time.

9. kb117

kb117 Fapstronaut

So, how did things work out?