1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I thought she was my friend...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Namekian23, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I don't where to begin...I had a person who I thought was my friend in a time when I needed her help the most. I've been enraged lately. Now that I think of it, I probably shouldn't have reached out to her since she clearly wasn't the right person to begin with. She was older than I, and ironically, we met at a place and time where we were both vulnerable. And shit happens when people are vulnerable. People told me stay away from her; I should have listened. I left her because I thought it was the best thing to do, but somehow couldn't help myself and contacted her on Facebook once more. We were friends again and things were great. Until I told her the truth about a horrible back injury. I just wanted help, but she kept ignoring me until I snapped. I took her off Facebook permanently. I didn't know her too well, but instead of comfort, she gave me an enormous amount of motivation and hope. Her life was much better, so I had to focus on mine. What if she comes back? What should I do? Should I forgive her or should I move on? This is because she forgave me once or we wouldn't have been friends.

2. kitty fukr

kitty fukr Banned

Ftw I always say, but you don't need to reject her to be indifferent. You could still keep her within reach

3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Sounds like you're in love this girl and she doesn't feel the same about you so you're attempting to throw a hissy fit about something non eventful as an injury.

Awwwwww poor you, yes by all means ignore her and continue acting like a hysterical 14 year old school girl. Or you could just game her and demonstrate you're actually a man under the school girl guise, which, to be fair you're doing a good job pulling off.

Oh and by the way, if you think unadding her as a friend will somehow magically change things, know this... She probably hasn't even noticed!

4. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Okay, so what are you trying to prove? I could retaliate, but I simply choose not to. What's the point? But really bro, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all. People who are critical of others are more critical of themselves. Besides, there are other areas in my life where I do have confidence in and I know that. Isn't this website about motivating/supporting others? Am I right or am I wrong? I'd rather do that than ridicule other people. I hope you will have that same mindset in the future. I also don't really care about what you have to say. I'm not bothered by it. And please don't try to push me around to prove a point because you ain't. And if you can't talk it out then get out.

5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

OK so you're NOT the angry moron. You're the passive aggressive moron. I get it. It's totally cool.

At the moment you're stuck in a fantasy land. Like it or not, my wake up call is probably the best thing that has happened to you. You can say I am wrong to ridicule other people but you know deep deep down it is the honest truth.

You're in love with this girl. LOL a stranger, i.e me, can illicit this from the garbage you have written above, and I don't even know you. You thought she was into you. You wanted to slowly grow your friendship and then spew your feelings to her hoping she might, I don't know, suck you off down the line. This is why you told her your vulnerability about your back injury. 'Pwwwease feel sorry for me, see look I have a vulnerable side, now suck me off.' LOL

Imagine if you were a girl. Would the above get you all hot and bothered. Would you spread your legs to the above?

When she realised this, she did what any normal human being would do, and cut you off. Then you threw all your toys out the pram, and did what you do best. Passive aggressive, block her and unadd her as a friend, thereby confirming her suspicions about you.

^^The above is all fine, I've been there got the T-shirt. But now you are at a crossroads. You can continue to act like a bitter scornful little girl and continue until you reach your 40s, or you can do the following exercise and become a man...

Pull down your pants, make a cup shape with your hands and feel in-between your legs. If done correctly you will notice two egg shaped objects. Give them a little squeeze to make sure they are yours.

Live life, realise, there are many many girls in this world, and your character can be changed within a few months. Do this and the right success will fall into your hands. This is how you attract girls.

What you're doing at the moment is an apathetic joke.

Are more apt question would be, should she forgive you.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  6. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Should you forgive her or should you move on?
    Do both.
    Forgive her, put her out of your mind, and look elsewhere for emotional support.
    If she comes back to you, be kind to her, but remember not to lean on her because she'll let you down again.
    If you can't be kind, ignore her. There's no point and nothing to be gained by voicing bitterness.
    Fairweather friends are what they are. You can't change them.
    Raging will only hurt you, and drive helpers further away.

7. headon.collision

headon.collision Fapstronaut

I actually was in the same situation as u are, pm if u wanna talk about it, some dudes here don't get it, and it's really complicated, trust me I know, if u don't want to pm me as far as I know I DODGED A BULLET REAL HARD l and I think u should do the same to.

8. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your advice kitty fukr, headon.collision, and e5s. I think you're right e5s, I should forgive her without her acknowledgment because it's been months since I removed her and I should focus on more important things. Up until now, the best advice from other faptronaunts is to simply focus on MYSELF. Everything from health, success, and so on. I'm planning to graduate with high honors and earn my degree this year. It's my biggest goal. I just need to stop focusing on girls for now. headon.collison, I'll take your offer on the pm. I'm curious to know your your side of the story. I'll let you in on the full picture of what happened so you'll hear from me soon. Thanks man.

9. rex84

rex84 Fapstronaut

If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it, write it in the sand near the water's edge.

Napoleon Hill

10. headon.collision

looking forward to that, I`ll tell u my story as well

11. I'm sorry but I've read the OP three times and I still do not see where this woman did anything wrong. You left her, then contacted her again, and then left her again simply because she did not respond to your back injury needs? Am I missing something?

tweeby likes this.
  12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

No you are not missing something. The OP is living in a delusional fantasy land.

13. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

That's a very creative username by the way. I think you're right. She didn't do anything wrong. You don't know the whole story and maybe some (not all) of what tweeby said was true. After I attempted to contact her at least 3-4 times in a 1-2 year span, she kept ignoring me. Then something huge happened; she was thriving in every way imaginable. She left her husband and decided to better her life and kids in a different place. She just served her term in the military 2 years ago and just had her 4th child last Christmas. She only liked my quote. I told her I was very happy for her. At the time of my back injury, I wanted to commit suicide because the pain was so unbearable. I had bipolar too. My life is much better now. I guess I was extremely jealous and angry at her and I knew she was clearly the wrong person to contact. I regret it in fact Obi. Maybe all of it. If she only knew the truth, how much I used to respect her, admire her, etc. I still think she is an amazing woman. We really only knew each other for a month in a 2 year span. I just want to focus on myself for now. Maybe in the future I'll contact her one last time and if shes contacts me that's better. I hope this is what you're looking for...

14. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I wonder if she still cares about me.

15. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

So sorry, Namekian23.

You're single, no kids, and college aged?

She clearly meant far more to you than you meant to her.

I get where you're coming from, getting emotionally attatched to an older person who's in a totally different stage of life. You think the age thing is no big deal at the time, ignoring friends' advice, but you'll see in 10-15 years what a very big deal it was.

Having kids is huge, too (and four of them!). Right now they're the proper focus of her emotional energy. Every decision a parent makes, from living arrangements, to work, to romance, has to keep the children's welfare in mind, especially when they're small. She's the only mom they get, and this is the only childhood they get. And she has to set a good example for them. It's an overwhelming amount of work, and it's totally normal for new parents to drop off the map socially for months, if not years. Long-term friends catch up later, but many connections are lost.

If you haven't left college yet, you have no idea how many friends you'll drift apart from over the years, and how many new friends you'll make. The cycle of greeting and parting repeats, until no new meeting is quite as emotionally powerful as the experiences of youth. Deep bonds can still be forged, but it takes longer, and letting go, in a healthy mature adult, gets easier to do.

I wish you the best of luck in getting over this. Distract yourself, do right by yourself, and give it plenty of time. If you need to talk about what you're feeling, by all means talk. And writing here is good too.

If this loss continues to eat at you for too long, I would encourage you to seek counseling as well, from a good psychologist, or, if you're religious, a clergy member. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, only that you've been through rough stuff and you need to talk it out. A few sessions may be all it takes to get you coping well again.

Again, best of luck.

M L likes this.
  16. JensDK42

JensDK42 Guest

I'd ask totallifechange
    That guy has some great advice

17. headon.collision

agree with all of this, totally spoke my mind, been in the same situation as well, 6 years older, I`m so glad it`s over despite the intimacy I was always getting loads of pain out of the relationship

18. tweeby

tweeby Banned

OP how old are you? I'm infatuated with a married older woman at work who has two kids? I pretty much did a similar thing.

19. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks you guys for all your advice. e5s I never would have thought how hard and demanding her life was. I never saw her side of the story that way. You opened my eyes for the first time. How could I be so blind? She had 3 kids to take care of at the time. All by herself! Of course she had to ignore me because she had bigger things in life that she needed to take care of. I feel selfish and regretful now. Thanks for your input. And Rio I think the best thing to do is to leave her alone. If she comes back, she comes back. I'm in college and I should be focusing on my grades, meeting new friends, having fun, etc. and not some older woman. I'll admit I was very naive at the time. This is a huge lesson for me and in the future I will forgive her fully.