1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, I'm new here!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Samwise_Gamgee, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Samwise_Gamgee

Samwise_Gamgee Fapstronaut

Hello,

Last Friday I downloaded an app that would help me to form the habit of getting out of bed when the alarm clock goes of. I decided that I needed that change because I was really screwing up. If I actually did go to school, I was always late, and it sucks. In that app I stumbled on a thread about NoFap and I started reading stuff about it.

Now i'm here and want to start NoFap as a part getting my life back together. Initially I thought it would mainly help me with getting to sleep more easily, but the benefits I read on the internet are way bigger than that! I started some mild weightlifting a few weeks ago, started getting my wake up routine going since last weekend and started on NoFap since last Sunday. I hope the sports, sleep and hormonal balancing due to NoFap can increase my productivity and give me all the benefits I read about, but I first have to see for myself.

I hope NoFap will surprise me just as much as cold showers did. I have been interested in the power of the cold on our bodies for a few years now. Especially the stuff that Wim Hoff does, the Iceman. I have read about the many health benefits of taking cold showers and started a cold shower challenge last August in which i took 5 minute long cold showers every day for the whole month. The first two weeks where brutal, but after the initial period of terror I started feeling the benefits in real life. Nowadays every shower I take ends cold and when the good weather starts kicking in, they will go back to cold the entire shower! I was a little skeptical about the cold showers, and so I am about NoFap. Lets hope it turns out for the good and then the NoFap habit will stick just as the cold shower habit did!

Greetings from The Shire!

2. skart

skart Guest

Two good habits to maintain. Well done on discovering them.

3. Samwise_Gamgee

Samwise_Gamgee Fapstronaut

Thanks! I always try to do a lot on self improvement. I battled a severe dog phobia in my youth. It was only bearable after my 16th year or so. I'm not there, but that was a huge achievement that I'm very proud of as well. The cold showers are just so awesome, everyone should try them. A college of mine does cold showers too, and we agree that the only real way to get a sense of what it is doing to you, is to do it and find out for yourself! The sleep problem is just a necessity and I'm sure it will boost the quality of my life when I finally get back on track in this 9 to 5 world we live in. The dog phobia is my biggest life goal though, because it is so deeply ingrained in my core sense of being and had such an impact on my life.

That was a little off topic, but I just wanted to share that with you all just so you can get to know me a little better!