1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Days of no MO, even longer for PMO.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by greenman, Mar 29, 2015.

1. greenman

greenman Fapstronaut

So.

I'm a pretty devoted Catholic and this has been a true concern for me since the start of college. I think I've got pretty good feedback here for everyone and not just religious guys. I've also been inactive on the NoFap forum, so my tracker might not reflect what's written below.

This is my third try at the 90 day challenge. The first time I made it 60 days. The second try I made it 80, and now I've made it 100 days. Here are some notes about the journey.

Keys to my success:
    - Fight through the few, but fierce natural spikes of libido
    - Get enough sleep
    - Avoid thinking lustfully and fantasizing
    - Concentrate on the benefits of being free from MO

Observations:
    - I'm easier to arouse, but more in control. I can lose a boner out of willpower much more easily than before Nofap.
    - More attention from women
    - I've established more meaningful connections
    - I'm less distracted by the temptation to MO
    - I can appreciate and enjoy the beauty of a woman without undressing her with my eyes or fantasizing about sex with her

The keys to success for me were to fight through those 3, 4 or 5 times where I was seriously tempted. Any other temptation was voluntarily prompted and not very intense. The most serious temptations have been natural spikes in desire that have not been due to my train of thought. If I can fight through those natural spikes where I truly can't think about anything but sex, I can go indefinitely. The desire to fap (and not necessarily to just have sex) will occur occasionally even at this point, but it's rare. It happened around day 80 something when I was very tired, alone, and up late working on an assignment. I'm more prone to not care about sexual morality when I'm sleep deprived, so I must be diligent about time management. I can't let assignments pile up. If I do, I stay up late, and I easily run into trouble.
    The first spike was the most difficult and costly for me, but it has been easier to fight it every time after that. The first night of this streak kept me awake all night long as I lay in bed, fighting the desire to MO. I rolled out of bed the next morning without having had any sleep, surprisingly apathetic. But I won and the devil lost.
    There are a few girls out there to which every man is inexplicably physically attracted. I struggle to remember to love them and not lust for them. Will for their well-being and genuinely care about them (in addition to prayer.) If you're undressing them with your eyes, you care less about them and more about having sex with them. That's pretty much lust. So fight the desire fantasize about having sex with them and care about them more. Try this: get to know them a little better and find out about they care about. For me, it's harder to fantasize about someone I genuinely care about and respect.
    Remember that sex is an inherently good thing, and so is your attraction to women. When you feel the happy buzz of sexual attraction for a woman, it's a good thing. You're supposed to feel that. But you're supposed to care about her and control yourself just as much.

- I'm easier to arouse, but more in control. I can lose a boner out of willpower much more easily than before Nofap.

I'm on a team for a competition of sorts coming up in April. I've always had a strong attraction for who is the only girl on the team. I would never date her, but I find her pretty sexy. Just the other day, I started to get a boner after she was playfully poking me with her index finger. But after she stopped, I got control of myself and was quickly able to lose what would have been royal embarrassment.

- More attention from women

I just recently went on spring break and two separate women try to hook up with me on the same night. I did nothing but be myself and be a gentleman. I'm not an unattractive guy, but I've never experienced that before. 'Nuff said.

- I've established more meaningful connections

Namely with the girl on my team, the same one I mentioned before. I've never been able to do that while I was still fantasizing about doggy-style with her. I genuinely care about her and we're actually friends, unlike before. There was an awkward tension and a guilt I felt around her when I wasn't on NoFap, and it kept me from talking to her like a human being. That doesn't exist anymore.

- I'm less distracted by the temptation to MO

I can sit alone for hours doing work. And whenever the thought of masturbating occurs, it easily passes and I continue to work.

- I can appreciate and enjoy the beauty of a woman without undressing her with my eyes or fantasizing about sex with her

When I was on spring break, I was surrounded by gorgeous girls in two-piece bathing suits. I could look at them and feel that happy buzz without thinking about sex with them and lusting after them. No shame, no guilt, and no consequential MO.

That was pretty long. Git after it, fellow fapstronauts. And quit playin' with your dicks!

buzzlightyear likes this.
  2. xdx24

xdx24 Fapstronaut

Well done! What an inspiration! Keep going, man.

3. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

4. Fargo23

Fargo23 Fapstronaut

Congrats, thanks for sharing.