1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting out meat does help fight urges and sexual thoughts.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by dboy18, Jun 17, 2019.

1. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

I haven't eaten meat in 4 days. The benefit is that when I think about sexual thoughts I don't get aroused as much. It's easier to not entertain a sexual fantasizing moment.

recon117 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
  3. Aliveisgood

Aliveisgood Fapstronaut

Same here when I eat a lot I feel it more

dboy18 likes this.
  4. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

True

5. I've been vegetarian for almost a couple weeks, now and I think it's really helping me too. I just feel...better. More...clean? Lol. I'm not really sure how to explain the feeling. Maybe it's just that meat makes me feel bloated? I've already lost a bunch of weight, too, which is always nice.

recon117 and dboy18 like this.
  6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Unnecessarily extreme to cut out meat. Missing out on too many crucial nutrients.

7. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Same here. I always feel like I can better control my private part when I haven't had meat for quite some time

8. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Yeah I've heard that man. It's a very controversial topic.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. I've heard that, too and also the whole soy boy (soy protein lowers test levels) meme. I use to believe it, myself, until I found out that there are a small minority of real men out there that are vegans or vegetarians. Maybe I'm wrong about them only being a minority, but I've seen way too much stuff on the internet involving leftist vegan protests. I wanted to try this diet for a while, but as we both know, low test in males is a SERIOUS issue. I know believe in other issues that are causing low test levels. Not only that, but these types of people are incapable of considering that they may be wrong so I figured I'd do what they can't and consider I may have been wrong. If there are any negative consequences, however, I'll be sure to make a thread on it.

need4realchg and dboy18 like this.
  10. My urges are still really strong lol. I've noticed that carbs do it, for me. I was trying a keto diet+fasting for a while there and my urges were barely even there. I wonder why it affects one person one way and another another way?

11. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

That would assist some of us man.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Stronger than when you were eating meat?
    When I eat meat daily I get horny a lot and just want to relieve myself by fapping.
    Today I got horny once and my penis did not even get hard, I had a sexual thought once or twice while looking at a girl a school.

recon117 and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Yeah, when I was doing keto (high fat meats) I didn't have too bad of urges, but I mean, I'm way further along now, so that could be the problem.

dboy18 likes this.
  14. Fightyourlowerself

Fightyourlowerself Fapstronaut

Thank you. I have been trying to get this message out for a while!

Same applies to junk food and overeating.

dboy18 likes this.
  15. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

True. Thanks

16. Like this thread. Nice post.
    Do you think it’s not necessarily a direct correlation to sexual thoughts but instead maybe an attention or focus issue?

For example here in the us after thanksgiving (which is a high meat meal) most of us find it hard to concentrate , stay awake, do stuff. The meat is more difficult to break down than lentils or rice for example so or body works harder. While trying to focus at work after a steak meal we normally document the same problems.

So in other words if your are trying to focus on “abstinence” after eating meat—- that certainly would be harder. But frankly , anything would be harder at that point.

I have been vegetarian, and vegan for a few months before and I liked it for mental clarity—- we would detox for 5-7 days only juices too, to get the same result. Also enemas and hydrotherapy to detoxify.

I don’t have the self-will to do that presently, but I am definitely going to get to my ideal weight.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  17. Well you look shiny and healthy so great. There might also be some nasty stuff in factory farmed meat.
    I have cut out beef as it causes a huge amount of greenhouse gases.

18. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Quick Q. How has your decision of cutting out meat helped you in your nofap streak?

19. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. I can testify too the benefits are exactly what you mentioned. My interest to be exact is the relationship between meat eating and sexual drive.

need4realchg likes this.
  20. There are some Buddhist nofappers that have sources. They are here

dboy18 likes this.