1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you take antidepressants from when you start feeling better? Prozac (fluoxetine) 20mg?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by auzzy_mikey, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Spriritofawarrior

Spriritofawarrior Fapstronaut

I don’t understand bro, didn’t you heal yourself from all of this, when you first went on your streak??

2. IamOlive

IamOlive Fapstronaut

I take Prozac 20mgs for about 6 weeks now. I am not an SA/PA but An SO with extreme anxiety and OCD. I started feeling better about week 3. It hasn’t taken away all my anxiety but has kinda taken the edge off.

3. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

They don't make me feel like a monster, that's for sure. Prozac did. Even Elavil(amitriptyline) seemed godly compared to Prozac. And yes, the ones that I mentioned are fairly cheap, with the exception of the higher quality versions, of course. I'd rather instill an placebo effects on naturals, as opposed to synthetics.

4. aston20

aston20 Fapstronaut

I used to eat a lot of white bread and drink coffe with too much sugar. They say that milk is bad but i really don't know, because i thought that my digestive issues were caused by drinking milk, but when a cut out white bread (and sugar), my digestive issues disappeared.

I started eating more vegetables like broccoli, spinach, beet greens, carrots, etc on a daily basis. I eat 2 boiled eggs, 1 oz of walnuts and drink yerba mate for breakfast everyday. I had never eaten eggs for breakfast, but when i started doing it, i started to feel better. You can replace yerba mate with green tea, they are almost the same in term of benefits.

First you have to cut out sugar and you will feel much better.

5. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

Antidepressants are really the last resort. Personally, it made me worse, but I didn't have that placebo effect with any synthetics. If it's working, it's the placebo effect. I unintentionally invoked the nocebo effect of 3-4 different antidepressants.
    Nocebo effect here, too. You gotta believe that the antidepressants work, or they won't, plus the fact that the antidepressants really fuck with your pineal gland. I haven't had a dream in 6 YEARS(not even a wet dream, I miss those, I won't lie). It's the drugs. Whether you got the placebo or the nocebo effect, it's gonna potentially hamper your pineal gland. A lot of people don't believe in the pineal gland, but when your feelings start dissipating, that's the last time you will remember feeling feelings. Your feelings become anything from the life of the party or to fuck everybody in the party. You will also be drowsy throughout the day (excess melatonin being produced by a malfunctioning pineal gland) and as your pineal gland gives last few breaths on a series of dreams that will be the most intense dreams that you will ever have. Crazy enough, it can lead to a fakeish sex drive (8 hour Beatmeat Sesh everyday). Obviously, those are the worst side effects, and of course, the pineal gland doesn't really exist in America (have we ever stressed the importance of the pineal gland?)

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. auzzy_mikey

auzzy_mikey Fapstronaut

Yeah the first 2 weeks when I started taking my medication I had worse anxiety and panic attacks and vomiting etc. So you are recommending to keep taking medication until my psychiatrist tells me to which is 1 year? My psychiatrist is recommending for me to take my medication until for at least for a year just in case my anxiety and depression don't return.

But then the flip side of taking the medication for so long is that when I stop taking them, I'm worried I will suffer worse withdrawal symptoms of not taking the medication anymore? What do you think? Leaves me in a difficult pickle of situation.

7. auzzy_mikey

auzzy_mikey Fapstronaut

That's good to hear? Are you seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist?

8. auzzy_mikey

auzzy_mikey Fapstronaut

Hmm thats some good ideas here mate. To be honest, I have alot of sweets and sugary things. Which is not good. I should replace them with vegetables and fruits like you have.

aston20 likes this.
  9. auzzy_mikey

auzzy_mikey Fapstronaut

Yes I did heal myself without medication on my first streak in 2014 Feb - 2015 July, when I had really bad depression for 1.5 years. I recovered in 2015 July without taking medication. Last year in 2018, from Feb 2018 - May 2018 I also had bad depression, and recovered without taking medication. This time since Feb 2019, I wasn't also planning to take medication, but the anxiety got so bad to the point of panic attacks that I had to do something.

10. Will be...limited where we are, but I have a referal scheduled

11. auzzy_mikey

auzzy_mikey Fapstronaut

What's SA/PA and SO mean? Yeah I felt better in Week 3, but anxiety got worse... Now I feel so aggressive most of the time, but definitely much clearer mind and anxiety is virtually non-existent now. Much better motivation and energy levels.