1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Daily Thoughts On Impactful Songs!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by _cwhitey_, Dec 17, 2018.

1. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

12/17/18:
    “Open Up Let The Light In” by Steffany Gretzinger

this song repeats the words “open up let the light in” on and on. normally i get annoyed by this song, but today it really spoke to me. the orchestra that comes into the song also really did something to me. idk. it’s just a really beautiful song!

2. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

12/18/18:
    “Shame” by Andy Mineo

i don’t always want to listen to rap music in my free time honestly, but this song impacts me in so many ways. i literally don’t even know how to describe its meaning to my heart, but it’s a song that reminds me of the forgiveness i’ve found in Jesus.
    i love the bridge. Josh Garrels (who is one of my all time favorite singers) sings “Jesus, He washes away all of my sin” & it is just a truth that can never be told enough.
    this song is beautiful and honest and raw. i highly recommend listening to it if you are struggling with shame of your addiction.

3. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

12/19/18:
    “Silent Night” by 116 & Crystal Nicole

honestly, this song isn’t really IMPACTIFUL.. but it’s really good and i recommend 10/10

4. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

2/19/19:
    "Open Space" by Housefires

this song helps remind me that i need to be open and connected with Jesus because He cares for me. i can't close myself up. He is with me in every step that i take and gives me strength.
    this song is beautiful and the lyrics definitely speak to my heart.

5. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

2/24/19:
    “Don’t Let It Get You Down” by Johnnyswim

this song is honestly just nice to listen to for me. but it also has a good message. it’s just a bop all around!

6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

You a réal one #unashamed

_cwhitey_ likes this.
  7. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

"10 feet down" by NF
    This song is literraly my life.

_cwhitey_ likes this.
  8. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

2/28/19:
    "How To Be Yours" by Chris Renzema

before i get into the deep meaning in this song and everything, lemme just TELL you: this man's voice is BEAUTIFUL and his music is so so good.. the album that this song is on is probably my favorite Christian album I've listened to in a long time

anyways, this song has been something that makes me almost emotional listening to. (even though it's not just about emotion...) this song is an honest cry to God about how he doesn't know how to be faithful to Him or a good servant. the last chorus is a response from Jesus about how, even if you are giving up on Him, He's never gonna give up on you. that hits hard on my life.
    i often give up in my relationship with Jesus whenever i feel like i'm not worth anything. but He is faithful in love and grace. He never walks out on me or gives up on me. even when i commit the worst of sins (even though sin is sin, you know what i mean).

this song just really is good for my heart to hear. i hope that someone listens to it and will understand it.

9. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

3/3/19:

"Cut My Lip" by twenty one pilots

this is my favorite band and this song has helped inspire me in this struggle against PMO.
    the song itself is about not giving up. the chorus of the song says, "Though I am bruised, face of contusions; know I'll keep moving; Rust around the rim, drink it anyway, I cut my lip; Isn't what I want, blood is on my tongue, I cut my lip..."
    I think it's an honest portrayal of someone fighting through a hard time, to say the least.
    I don't know the song just really helps me feel less alone.
    There's even a line that says, "I'll keep on going back, even though it's me I abuse..." That hits HARD.
    Anywho, that's all I got, but I totally recommend listening to this one (plus it's kinda a bop)

10. _cwhitey_

_cwhitey_ Fapstronaut

3/28/19:

"Dusk Til Dawn" by Elisabeth Harder

musically, this song is acoustic and so sweet sounding, but the lyrics are very uplifting.
    the verses say, "He has covered up my shame, I don't have to fear the sight of my accusers, I'm dressed in righteousness and grace, And my sin He has taken away"
    I often cover myself up in my shame and guilt. I hide myself in a box and feel like I am the one person in the world that won't receive mercy from Jesus. But, God has been so faithful to remind me that He died for all of the world. My shame doesn't define me nor restrict me. He is taking away my shame continuously and this song reminds me of that promise of hope that I have.