1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Procastination

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr Sitter, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Fapstronaut

While trying to recover from our PMO addiction, we're all trying to better ourselves in other ways. I think one of the toughest things for me has been to kick the habit of procrastination. Have any of you faced the same problem?

The problem is that, procrastination is so ingrained in me. When I PMO-ed, I used to leave all my tasks until the last possible minute. Sometimes, it became so problematic that incomplete tasks would pile up really badly and I would get all stressed out trying to get them done.

And it's always easy to see how this affects me, in hindsight. Sometimes I would think back and just know that I could have done my work a lot better if I invested more time and thought to it.

But even now, I find it difficult to kickstart new projects, or do new things. For an example, I've always had it in my head to buy new running clothes so that I won't have to wash my current attire so frequently, but haven't got around to doing that. Not because of a lack of time, but I just kept delaying it without a thought. It took nearly forty days of no PMO to make me start running again, but I really could have started that a lot earlier. It's a bit frustrating because I feel like I'm lagging behind in life.

2. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

Ugh I always say I have a master’s degree in procrastination lol.

Though mine is not entirely brought by PMO , it definitely made it worse.

For example, I’ve told myself when starting uni that I’ll start doing my work early..ever single semester..guess what? I’m graduating this year and things just got worse.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Everyone procrastinates, doesn't matter if they're addicts or not.

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I never procrastinate.

Later on, I’ll tell you why you shouldn’t.

u376 and Mr Sitter like this.
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Did you procrastinate in googling how to spell procrastinate properly?

6. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Fapstronaut

You can imagine how bad it is for me...

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  7. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

LOL