1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Minimalism

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 13, 2018.

1. is anybody here into minimalism?

2. tIoD

tIoD Fapstronaut

Yes, me. I think it's more elegant and gorgeous, also, always modern.

3. for me its more about owning less stuff, which leads to more freedom and more time

4. I'm basically forced into minimalism because I'm flat broke but honestly I like the concept. Even at a future time when I am better off financially I think I would be interested in it.

5. EnterMarcus

EnterMarcus Fapstronaut

Right here with you my man, I can't stand feeling cluttered by owning a bunch and stuff and regularly clean out my home every few weeks. Its always bizarre having friends or family come over and making comments about all the space I have. Its even worse when the family brings over "home decor" as gifts.

Most artist tend to keep their old sketchbooks but the idea of holding onto dusty graphite/lead pencil shaving covered sketchbooks makes me shiver at the notion of that sitting in some storage bin in my closet for years to come so I generally just trash it too after scanning sketches I like.

6. hahah, i love George Carlin, good luck with your financial plans bro

7. man i feel you, home decor is the worst and i think most of the older generations don't really get the idea of minimalism... or maybe most of the people don't get it because most of the people just want to consume

JRex and Deleted Account like this.
  8. walle2156

walle2156 Fapstronaut

I am a minimalist, glad i found this mindset now at the age of 20, I am not too wealthy anyway as I am a student but I know in the future I will live relatively frugally as I dont need 'things' as much. Quality over quantity.

9. Bretto

Bretto Fapstronaut

I love how the bloke who posted this is so minimalist that he doesn’t even have an account any more

walle2156 likes this.
  10. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

I appreciate minimalism, yes. A few years ago there were a couple articles on some Japanese practitioners of minimalism that take it to an extreme.

Most people I know would find it bleak, but I at least understand conceptually its liberating power and beauty. It really is quite amazing. I do struggle to put it into practice, but I'm still going down that river.

I live in Southern California, and many of my friends are in their mid 30's who have recently bought homes and have young families. Many of them bought their homes at "good deals" and have gained equity on it, but are nonetheless struggling to make paments, and are in constant stress and anxiety over finances and keeping up appearances. I've made, and make mistakes in my life, and am not perfect, but sometimes I wonder if the obsession for "things" is really the gauge of success.