1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best world war 2 game

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Oct 21, 2018.

1. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Yessir!!!

2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Also the story about the women in bfV is inspired from a true story.

3. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Company of Heroes by THQ.

Also, BFVs goal is not about social justice. They're just trying to pull in more female gamers.

moonesque and jk243 like this.
  4. Of course, had they made another all-male game about the Normandy invasion people would have found another reason to complain...

The point here is that women did fight in WW2 regardless of nationality. To exclude them and forget about their role in the war would be disrespectful to say the least. And it doesn't have to be historically accurate to spread that message. That's what I like about Dice and EA. At least they aren't afraid of thinking outside the box. I just love their attitude.

It's funny because initially the criticism only involved the British resistance fighter in their trailer, now it's totally narrowed down to her nationality since knowledgeable folks taught these stuck-ups a thing or two about history. Even then it's still accurate since Britain trained female SOE agents.

Dice is just trying to spark some interest and prove a point. The role women played in the war is completely forgotten. The fact that people have trouble coming up with examples of female military roles in ww2 is telling. It seems all they can come up with is Russian snipers. So they have this idea that apart from female snipers, no other women saw any action on the battlefield. Wrong. I'm sure that if you were to educate them about the so called night witches that struck fear in many German hearts, they'd still just wave if off as nothing more but a foot note in military warfare. And not British, of course.

The truth is that without American or British women the war wouldn't even have been won. And this is not an exaggeration. Rosie the riveter wasn't the only American woman who made damn sure her husband overseas had everything he needed to fight the war. Who do you think made all the equipment, 24/7? It would be very naive to think that GI Joe would have won the war without the millions of women making sure he got what he needed. See? Totally forgotten about... Do you see what message Dice is trying to send now? Is that historically accurate enough for you?

Badass enough for you?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not a feminist, but seriously, it's pretty narrow-minded to openly criticize a female character in a ww2 game.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2018
  5. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Because you used To play stalingrand and normandy lol. It is something new for you.

6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Exactly, and I am not supporting féminists either.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Arghy

Arghy Fapstronaut

8. Yeah man it's definitely not an honest representation of what those women would have done, jumping out of buldings and what not, but then again it's a video game not a documentary. It's not going to be the best history lesson, unfortunately. To be honest I'd love to see a more classic approach with the new technology and graphics as well. We'll just have to wait 3 more weeks and see I guess. In any case if it's similar to bf1, I'm all for it. Have fun playing should you decide to give it a chance.

9. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

This trailer sucks I know lol

Arghy likes this.
  10. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Yeah Bf1 is a pure classic. I hope they don't put irrealistic thingz.

11. Don't you just love the part in which you get to play the tanker and drive Bess around? Epic! All I'm hoping for is that the single player war stories last a bit longer in bf V.

jk243 likes this.
  12. Cel mai drept ideal

Cel mai drept ideal Fapstronaut

I'm not into these modern WW2 games... by all accounts they're pretty shit. My favorite is Battlefield 1942.

13. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Just playing brothers in arms H.H. not bad at all:)