1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend good Netflix movies or series

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Whats good on Netflix? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Been striking out lately.

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

- Ozark
    - Black Mirror
    - Disenchantment
    - Portlandia
    - Orange is the new black
    - Maniac
    - American Vandal
    - The End of the f**king world
    - Breaking Bad
    - Stranger Things
    - Nurse Jackie
    - Glow

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Really depends on what you're into, but I'll post some of my favorites...

- Supernatural
    - The Good Place
    - Stranger Things
    - I've really been enjoying the Arrowverse shows lately, like Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl
    - The Office
    - Parks and Recreation
    - Dexter (some nude sex scenes, so be cautious with that one)
    - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    - New Girl
    - 13 Reasons Why
    - Broadchurch

4. Thanks for the recommendations guys! Looks like it's mainly series that's peaking everyone's interest these days. I'll have to look into a few of those. I've seen a handful of them already. Just need to commit to a new one.

5. The Keepers
    Amanda Knox
    Th Killing
    Fauda
    Layla M.
    Money Heist
    To Each, Her Own
    Come Sunday
    The Most Hated Woman in America
    Hot Girls Wanted
    Derren Brown: Miracle

6. If you're looking for movies, Like Father is a good one.

7. Ok thanks. I'll definitely check that out. Not too many movie recommendations so far. The world has become so series crazy lately. Hard to find a decent movie these days.

8. Alright, a few come to mind.

To start, there's Marvel Defenders. I liked the show, but it's only one season long. I've also watched all the seasons in The 100. Strong meh. It gave me something to watch, though.

Stranger Things is great. Music in it was terrible, though. :p

Parks and Recreation is a funny show, you may like it. The Office isn't a bad choice either. You may also want to try out Castlevania. It's only 4 episodes long, but I greatly enjoyed it and I'm not a Castlevania fan at all. I've never even played the games. Season 2 is close to being released where it'll have 8 episodes instead of 4.

A Series of Unfortunate Events wasn't a bad show, a little strange, but you might find it refreshing.

You also may want to try out some of the comedian shows on Netflix. They're some of the best.

Continuum was alright, I suppose. If you like cop shows, this is one with a bit of a twist.

Finally, I also recommend Dark Matter. I quite liked that show, but I should warn you, it got canceled by its last episode in Season 3, so it will end on a cliffhanger.

I'll come back with some movies. I agree, TV series are quite popular nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2018
  9. Thanks bud. I've seen stranger things and the office out of the ones you've listed. Yeah, the music might be a bit before your time. I prefer to wait until a series is complete so that I can binge watch from start to finish. Otherwise I keep forgetting what's going on and who's who. Definitely feel free to shoot me some movie choices. Thanks again.

10. Okay, now I gotta find some movie recs. The only ones I can think of right now are The Lovely Bones and The Gift.

11. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

I would recommend if you like history look into civil war and the native indians and christopher columbus.

12. Oculus is good, if you like horror. Also Before We Go, good romance. Before We Go is Chris Evans' directorial debut, and I thought he did a great job.

13. Animation Fan

Animation Fan Fapstronaut

I found this series to be charming:

14. I've been craving horror lately so I'll have to give Oculus a watch.

15. Turns out I already saw it. Great movie. I'm a fan of Kristen Bell too. Christ I can't even remember what I've seen anymore.

16. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Black Mirrior is IMO the best. Stranger things is very good. If you are into Marvel I enjoyed the 1st season of Daredevil, 1st season of Jessica Jones, Agents of Shield and The Punisher as well.

17. Sounds interesting. Thanks!

18. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

sure thing bro

19. Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about Black mirror lately. That might be my next series.

20. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

As for movies I enjoyed Spectral. Just some good ol sci-fi action but I think it’s good for what it is.