I'm ready

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Gordon5375, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Been dealing with PMO for ~15 years. I've been sick and tired of it for the last 10. I've had a reprieve about 8 years ago for about 2 months. When I got married several years ago it started coming back to once a day. Now my daughter is a few months old and I'm tired of being so selfish throwing time and attention away from my family. It has been a wedge in my relationship with my wife who has been very supportive. I have spent thousands on counseling years ago which has been very helpful but not led to stopping this madness. It years past time to take back my manhood and sexuality. My wife wants and deserves 100% of me, not a half-baked version. Theres no better time than now, 90 days lets go!

2. venusiansmoke

venusiansmoke New Fapstronaut

Hi there! I send you the very best vibes and encouragement from another newbie. We can do this!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Indeed! Thank you for the support! see you on the flip side!

4. welcome!! this is a good place to be, I hope your journey goes well! awsome avatar by the way!

Deleted Account and Gordon5375 like this.
  5. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Thanks! Its Cloud Strife from FF7, one of my favorite games I played as a kid. Also the closest I've found to what I think the Revelation 19 Jesus looks like, everyone portrays him as some long-haired bearded dude who kinda comes off as a little wimpy. People forget that he is also the ULTIMATE WARRIOR fighting with us, Rev. 19 portrays him as the ultimate bada$Z on a horse about to go wreck evil for good. Who's to say he isn't sitting on a WHITE IRON HORSE?? Yea I'm a little out there, but hey maybe thats what it takes!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  7. Jeddo

Jeddo Fapstronaut

Hey man! Best thing to do is find whatever works for you and stick with it. As you are already aware, there are going to be many times during your progress were your mind will literally be going crazy for some PMO. Make sure you keep yourself motivated, dedicated and occupied with other activities which help take your mind off it!

If you haven’t already, make sure to start a journal, it allows you to keep track of your progress and gives you the chance to receive advice from others. Also, if you really wanted to, you should give the Rebbot Camp course a go. I got the 90 version the other day and I can truly say that it helps.

Anyways, wishing you all the best in your journey here. Good luck!

8. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Thanks! where is this reboot course you speak of? I went to the 90 day challenge thread and posted there to start.

9. Jeddo

Jeddo Fapstronaut

https://www.nofapacademy.com/
    I costs a fair bit money but I’m not regretting it. I haven’t got really far in the course yet but I have already learnt so much. They have set it up really simple and easy to follow whilst still be set out in a really good progressive way. Meaning module 1 is just educating you about the course and teaches you about the science side of PMO. Then module 2 (I think) is about different techniques on how to control your urges and etc.

There are a lot of modules in the course and each one of them are still relevant and greatly detailed. I really do recommend it, I only got the 90 day subscription which I think will be fine for me. I think you can download a free E-Book first, without subscribing, which is definitely worth a read.

Give it a look man!

10. Hope you have a wonderful time with the family, and as always, good fortune to you in this journey!

11. Gordon5375

Gordon5375 Fapstronaut

Thanks everyone! Just a quick question to throw out there, are cusswords discouraged here? I just have a feeling that I have a bunch pent up in my system once this really starts getting down the road. I would NEVER direct them or any hate at a person, just at the situation i'm dealing with. I apparently have a bunch of anger built up towards PMO that I haven't really noticed until now posting here and amping up to deal with this war face to face has brought it forth.

Also having trouble locating forum rules/guidelines which is why I'm asking to begin with.

12. u should start a journal that might help u, u can write what u feel there everyday.