Exercise Routine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mark, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

I am wanting to start the new year with a new exercise routine and just wondered if anyone has any suggestions?

I have done several things in the past including Aikido, Tai Chi, Yoga (at home) etc etc and am currently doing a very a very basic yoga routine which isn't really enough. I'm going to do more walking and am particularly interested in exploring yoga type stuff more, especially something that can help with transmuting sexual energy? I tried the Tibetan 5 on and off for years but always got bored of doing the same thing day in day out!

So basically all I want is something that will help me to lose a stone or two, look ten years younger, have the mind of a Buddah, the body of a super-hero, have women throwing their underwear at me, and if at all possible make me grow a couple of inches (in height!!!;))...(kidding!!)

Failing all that I'll just settle for the women throwing their underwear...;)

Also this is something I would need to do at home as I am busy either working or looking after kids so any good home study things would be good?

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. Have you ever tried weight lifting?
    Although word of caution, it'll stun your height growth

3. iliander

iliander Fapstronaut

No, it will not stunt growth. If anything it will increase growth.

Jiltedjohn, start with pull-ups, push-ups/dips, squats, lunges, leg raises, etc. Build a strong foundation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbxEdnDrIk0

4. Mark

Thanks for the suggestions guys but weights etc isn't for me. Definitely looking for something I can do from home with little or no equipment that is yoga based and preferably has an element of being able to transmute sexual energy etc. Thanks again, is appreciated :)

5. iliander

iliander Fapstronaut

Nobody is complete without hard physical exercise (strength and strength-endurance). You do not need any equipment for this. I'm sure actual workouts will do more for sexual energy than any type of yoga WITHOUT actual physical training. I don't have any suggestions for yoga though, I simply don't know much about it, just trying to say that brutal workouts will more likely make women throw their underwear than... yoga.

6. Mark

Ok thanks for that, I will look into it, honestly I was only joking about the women though, I'm happy to be old free and single (for a while at least);) Thanks again for your suggestions :)

7. iliander

iliander Fapstronaut

Haha ok. No problem feel free to ask questions about training.

8. Mark

Ok and thanks again:)

9. Oh okay your're right, i can't believe i actually thought that myth was true. But however i don't see anything about lifting weights that it will increase your growth.

10. iliander

iliander Fapstronaut

If you're still growing, it might. At least it will make sure the skeletal structure develops properly (broader shoulders, bigger ribcage, etc).

11. Catholicdad

Catholicdad Fapstronaut

Try turbulence training by Craig Ballantyne very great routine you can do at home with a just a little equipment. I have found it to be very effective for a relatively low up front cost. Not a salesman or have any financial standing in any of it :D

12. Mark

Thanks will have a look:)

13. 1dayasalion

1dayasalion Fapstronaut

Aikido is great! I did that for several years...now I'm trying to get more into the offensive arts, namely Muay Thai. In terms of good work outs, I'm a huge fan of the Insanity work out routine. Some may hate on it being that it is a TV home work out, but I think it is a great way to lose fat and drastically increase cardio ability and muscular endurance. The best part for you is that there's no weight lifting, it's all body weight - you don't even need a pull up bar, just the program and some space in your living room ( I do it in an area less than 8x8). You can buy it for I think a little under 100 bucks...or just torrent it if that's your cup of tea.

14. 1dayasalion

1dayasalion Fapstronaut

AtlantaFalcon - Check out how weightlifting increases Human Growth Hormone.

15. Mark

Yes, hi, cheers, I reached black belt in Aikido many years ago but my knees/back got sore in the end (are fine now) is a beautiful art if you can find a good teacher etc. Thanks for your other suggestions, I will look into them. All the best

16. Jogging is good way to lose weight. Also cycling. I love cycling!

17. Walking is way underrated. Excellent cardio, no equipment and its hard to get injured. I've done Muay Thai, BJJ and Kali. I'm part of a fight club but for the first time In years Im injury free so Id like to keep it that way. I do calistenics and bands twice weekly, I spar a couple time a month but most of my workout consist of 1 hr walks.

18. So I do DDP yoga every day in the morning when I wake up. When I get home from work I do 2 different things depending on how I feel.
    First I took the 30 day 100 push up challenge and expanded it.
    I first started with doing 10 in a minute usually 15 to 20 seconds and rest until a minute ends. I repeat for 10 minutes which is 100 push ups in 10 minutes. Later I decreased it to 5 minutes and starting every 30 seconds.
    next I do the same thing with squats and crunches. Started 30 minutes now down to 15 minutes.

the second is I do
    2 min of moderate exercise
    20 seconds of intense exercise
    2 min of moderate
    20 seconds of intense
    2 mins of moderate
    20 seconds of intense
    2 minutes of moderate

I like both for at home workouts. I started at 212 and I am down to 188 in 9 weeks or so. I also Started a plant based diet so that also helps.

19. that's insanely good progress. wow

20. I tell you its the Nofap. More energy to do more things which leads to more activity and better lifestyle in general. No way would I be able to do this without. I was 248 in January and 300+ at me heaviest several years ago. But I plateaued at 248 then again at 214.

Deleted Account likes this.