1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the best ways of getting rid of acne?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Captain Rex reporting. Hello fapstronauts. Sorry, I've been inactive for a while because I was just enjoying life. I still have some minor problems but I'm getting higher on the wellness spectrum.

But anyways, one thing really bugs me: and that is the fact that ever since I moved to Florida, my acne has gotten worse over time. I know it's probably because of sweat from the heat and yes, I do use products but I'm not even sure if that's even working or not.

Also, it's not like I'm becoming less attractive because yes, I do get attention from girls everyday at school and yes, I might have even attracted a lovely girl whom I presume could be my first girlfriend but I digress.

Anyways, what are your thoughts about getting rid of acne. Do you have any suggestions? Anyways, tell me if you have some. Captain Rex, out.

Future role model likes this.
  2. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

During my time, I used the Oxy 10 (images can be found via this link)

Also I saw a doctor (GP) who prescribed antibiotics and some facial cream. The antibiotics worked as my acne scars healed in weeks. The creams were a little weird as one of it caused my skin to tighten (painfully).

Other than that, my scars did heal and clear up!

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

You can improve your acne a whole lot just by changing your diet. Cut out as many animal-products as possible as those are (especially in The States) filled with antibiotics, chemicals and growth hormones, especially dairy products. I had big problems with acne in my teens and into my mid-20's.
    I cut out dairy from my diet a few years ago and it helped me greatly but the nice and smooth skin I have today really started to get into place after I cut out meat, fish and poultry as well. A plant-based diet (combined with Nofap) is great if you want smoother skin over time. But, it won't go over night and might actually take some time depending on how severe acne you have had in the past.

4. FancyCoolDude

FancyCoolDude Fapstronaut

- Healthy diet, that is limiting junk food and sweets
    - Exercise
    - Wash face with cold water everyday at morning and at night
    - Do not touch your face, ever
    - Change bedsheets and pillowcases often, every 2 weeks is my recommendation

That's all I can think of, I have the same issue but it's getting better so hopefully my face gets clean.

torrace likes this.
  5. ScroogeMcDuck

ScroogeMcDuck Fapstronaut

I switched from cows milk to goats milk. Seems weird but is helps alot. It's hypoallergenic.

6. quittingforthebest

quittingforthebest New Fapstronaut

Drink more water and milk.
    Try aloe vera gel.
    Avoid eating excess of spicy food
    Rinse your face often.

7. ScroogeMcDuck

ScroogeMcDuck Fapstronaut

8. quittingforthebest

quittingforthebest New Fapstronaut

It's for cooling the body.. Don't drink if you're allergic or lactose intolerant..

9. I recommend you to check acne.org It has a whole community that reviews acne products. Also never ever get any antibiotics or (Capsule-type medicine) to treat acne no matter what, because its side effects are serious and have high ratio to cause a person dryness, kidney failure, and other side effects, so I recommend you to check about chemical creams or herbs. You need to have patience.

10. alexander86

alexander86 Fapstronaut

I find when i eat chocolate i break out haha
    How old are you?
    Through high school i had acne all over my back. And some pretty crazy ones on my face - but eventually it all went away.
    But yeah - diet. Eat clean.

thedaring9 likes this.
  11. Qujing Shen

Qujing Shen Fapstronaut

Go to Youtube and search: "Dr Eric Berg - Acne"

There will be several videos. Watch the one that you feel has the most apt title for your situation.

Dr Berg is a total dude. Here he outlines the surest and healthiest way of getting to the root cause of this problem.

12. Thx bro, I should check that out sometime during my free time.

13. Just to let you know, I'm 16 so surely, it has to be teenage hormones and yes, I do eat a somewhat clean diet. I try to limit sugar to very small portions during certain occasions in order to try to avoid hangovers. So yeah, I do eat a relatively clean diet that's for sure.

14. Cut out dairy completely
    Cut right down on gluten, caffine & sugar
    Avoid processed foods
    Drink mostly water and get a water filter
    Aloe vera gel as moisturiser - store in fridge so its nice & cold / toning
    No touching face
    Wash with a sensitive chemical-free soap
    Wipe away dead cells & oil during the day with sensitive baby wipes
    No masturbation
    Vitamin D, vit B6, vit C, zinc

Ibuprofen gel very good for active or cystic lesions as gets rid of the inflamation

Female in 30's, my body is over-sensitive to its own hormones, I've had acne since age 9 and had every hardcore medication going. They dont address the root cause of the problem though. Diet and lifestyle does, although I won't deny it can be a royal pain in the ass to maintain and you can never escape all the nasty toxins of the modern world. Mine will never go away completely until after menopause but the above things keep it 95% in check :)

15. nef

nef Fapstronaut

glad you all folks are here

16. Avoid dairy products and drink about a gallon of water a day. I've been doing that and my skin has been clearer since. I swear after drinking one gallon of water the next day my skin looked so fresh. I've always had some acne and I never could get rid of it. I even have some scars from it, but they're a part of me and I love myself for who I am. I know, that was random hahaha.

I'd recommend getting a dead sea mask face wash. That shit is incredible. Only use it once or twice per week though because it can dry out your skin. All of those acne products with salicylic acid or that other shit that starts with a b (Benzoyl peroxide?) is just bullshit, at least in my experience. It just dried my skin out. The one that starts with a b apparently can cause benign tumors, or so I've read. Give that a try and see how it works.