30 Days,.....after 10 years!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    I came to this forum, broken, almost ready to quit, hopelessness engulfed me like a virus. I was ready to give it all up and just escape my reality. This forum opened me with welcoming arms and encouraged me to fight!(something i thought next to IMPOSSIBLE) These 30 days have been so revealing. I've never felt truly/genuinely better about myself since,...well...as far as i can remember!

This is the list of things/activities that helped me on this unsuspecting journey;
    –>Cold showers
    –>Yoga (breathing exercises, especially! helped my during the heat of the moment when urges hit you out of nowhere) + general exercises for the whole body
    –>Healthy diet (no overeating/binging)
    –>Cutting down on screen time before sleep (No screen 30 mins before sleeping), helped me reduce the frequency of wet dreams.
    –>Having accountability partners. Yes, it's really difficult to do it all alone. Being accountable to myself and other like minded persons reminds me daily why i continue to fight on.
    –>Reading about the addiction and in general.
    –>Maintaining a journal has helped me a lot.
    –>Taking inventory of my triggers and finding ways to minimize them.
    –>Securing my home-base; applying filters to my devices and limiting the usage time, also spending less time in my room.
    –>Connecting with family/friends.
    –>8 hours sleep
    –>Setting mini goals and rewarding myself for achieving them (exploring a new restaurant, going to the beach, etc..)
    –>
    And,
    daily checking in on Nofap challenges.

Of-course the journey for me has just begun. There are things i still need to look into to further secure my recovery.
    My mental health is still shaky, general mood swings like irritability, anger, envy, regret, guilt and shame are still there.
    However, i will confront these emotions and behaviors and find a way to deal with them in a more healthy manner. Advice/Suggestions on this are welcome.

I am experiencing most of the benefits of Nofap
    . But i've been known to be overconfident in the past. I need to be careful here.

Those who have started this journey, to them i say, fight on brothers, IT IS REALLY WORTH IT.

I am grateful to this community of phenomenal people who constantly strive to help and improve the life of fellow Fapstronauts and have give me, LITERALLY, a new life. For the first time in a long time i feel actually proud of my achievement and how far i've come.
    Thank you brothers for being so welcoming and open hearted!

I will not let you down!!

My next goal is 45 days.

2. Prithvi sharma

Prithvi sharma Fapstronaut