1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New, definitely addicted... looking to stop

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by BmoreRick, Dec 20, 2014.

1. BmoreRick

BmoreRick New Fapstronaut

I am married, in my late 40s. I have been masturbating at least 2 times a day since I was 10 (when I was younger sometimes 10 times a day). It has taken me a long time to figure out that this has been an obsession for most of my life. Yesterday was the last time I did it.

2. KrmGrn

KrmGrn Fapstronaut

Welcome! You'll find a lot of good advice and support here. We're all in this together.

3. nomorefapman

nomorefapman Fapstronaut

Welcome man. You should:

I believe these two things is helping me most in my journey as it keeps me honest and mindful of what I'm doing.

4. spike1899

spike1899 Fapstronaut

I would like to add a few of things to what nomorefapman has suggested:

Look into adding a counter for yourself. This is a really good way to set a goal for yourself and monitor your progress. Personally I set a pretty lofty goal, but I've been setting myself up with little mini goals in order to build up to the bigger picture I set for myself.

Make this forum your home page. It'll serve as a reminder that every time you open your internet browser, that you'll keep to your promise that you've made to yourself and your peers. This way if you do get the urge to PMO, you'll see this site right away, and put yourself in the mindset to resist the urge.

Place a bookmark that you can see right away for the NoFap Emergency Page. This is a really good way to get a lot of inspiration to stick to your goals, should seeing the page prove to be not enough. There's a lot of inspiration to be had, which address depression, rejection, relapsing, and of course material to keep you on track with your goals. I have a button on my browser that can bring me straight to the page so that I can easily get to that page right away should I need a little push in the right direction.

Excercise. This is a really good way to not only keep yourself occupied and leaning off of PMO, but it'll have practical benefits healthwise. I tend to run around my block, but walking a good distance for 15-20 minutes each day without stopping is also a good way to keep in shape.

Meditate Your mind is a fortress, and it must be treated as such. This is a really good way to deal with stress and to keep yourself in control. It's also a good way to deal with any general stressers that could cause triggers to stray you on your path to a PMO free lifestyle.

Hope this helps you on your path to changing your lifestyle!