1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting my recovery. Could use some encouragement.

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by lian_isr, Aug 6, 2018.

1. lian_isr

lian_isr New Fapstronaut

I'm sexually sober now for 14 days. I know it doesn't seem long, but this is the longest I've ever been sober in awhile. I'm on the verge of possibly facing divorce because of relapses and lies. I'm newly married (only a few months) this has been an ongoing issue of trying to be rid of this and keeping strong, but failing and lying when I fail. I don't want her to leave me... This addiction has ruined my life and everyone in it... I'm praying that my partner gives me another chance. I have tools now (12 steps, support, sponsorship) , before I thought I could kick this addiction by myself. I was so naive and foolish. This is me being vulnerable and understanding that this addiction is not a joke and won't be gone so fast. Just asking for prayer, encouragment (or positive vibes) that I can overcome this most importantly for myself and for my family, and that my wife will give me another chance and time to deal with this the right way.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. enjnear

enjnear Fapstronaut

Keep it up! Just remember that conquering this addiction will be the most important milestone of your entire life. You got this.

3. I would think that she is willing to give you a chance since she knew about it when you married her, right?
    But it is very very important to be open and honest now about everything. Even if it seems like nothing to you. The more open you are the more likely she will be willing to support and even help you.

MovingFoward86 and enjnear like this.
  4. MovingFoward86

MovingFoward86 Fapstronaut

Keep up the good work. 14 days is a great accomplishment when you consider how little control you had before. And don't be discouraged if your streak ends. Just be honest with your self and your SO. This site is great for support and melt SO and I are working toward building our relationship back up. There is a lot of good information to help you on you journey. Good luck to you.