1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEEF, STEAK, CHICKEN, PORK, LAMB.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by dboy18, Jul 30, 2018.

1. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

I need help with diet during nofap recovery. I eat meat on a daily basis, all kinds and get very hard and relapse. It is quite difficult to control the temptation to masturbate. I tried going vegetarian and the the urges are hardly felt. On the opposite side I have read that meat eating is important to recover the lost nutrients from masturbating. I am confused. Please assist me those who are recovering.

A41:14A likes this.
  2. FullHouse3

FullHouse3 Fapstronaut

Hello,

The only vitamin found in animal products (that I am aware of) that is not in other Foods is vitamin b12. Everything else can be found in a vegan lifestyle, and b12 is found in dairy so if you are a vegetarian you should be fine. red meat, lamb and beef, are higher in fats and acids and have been linked to cause certain diseases. I’m not a nutritionist but I’d recommend rarely eating red meat (no more than twice a month) and trying not to eat meat more than once a day. Good luck

dboy18 likes this.
  3. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

Thanks. I will research more about it more cause I always had a feeling that meat is not a necessity.

4. Going vegan has benefited me immensely on this journey, more energy, less urges, overall health improvement etc

dboy18 likes this.
  5. Koltec

Koltec Fapstronaut

Going vegan is a big decision and in my experience it can even be harmful if you don't balance and plan your diet correctly.
    However leading a vegan diet truly changed my life and I felt much better for it.
    If you plan on quitting meat, just ensure you're getting the right vitamins from everything else, and you're not just living off chips and pasta.
    Have you considered a Pescatarian (no meat but fish) diet? It's healthy and fish can make a good base for many meals.

6. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

7. dboy18

dboy18 Fapstronaut

I have not considered that but I should look into it.

Koltec likes this.
  8. FGHTFRLF

FGHTFRLF Fapstronaut

I feel like the issue here is not the food you are eating, but something else. However, I do recommend you keep your protein intake at a decent level if you workout everyday. Try to add some greens in too, but make sure you are eating to live, not eating to stuff yourself.
    I do not recommend you go vegan, unless you have a solid plan of what you will eat majority of each day. If you just jump into a different diet plan then things will not go as easy as you expected.