31 days: I think this might be the one?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AtomicTango, Aug 2, 2018.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well I've reached a full month for the 5th, or maybe 6th time, and I think that this may be the one where I finally beat my own record of 80 days. I wont wax lyrical, just reiterate something that I posted a few weeks ago;

Wet dreams are more damaging that you think!

When I posted this originally a lot of people disagreed but a lot also agreed, but I seriously do think that, if you think wet dreams dont affect a streak, that you need to reconsider. Maybe it isn't like this for others but for me, the chaser effect created by wet dreams is so strong that if I have a few in a week, it makes it 10 times harder to resist urges. Meanwhile, if I dont have them, the urges are a lot more manageable and simply go away if I dont pay them any mind. Whos to say what will happen in the coming weeks but for now, I'm confident in saying that doing everything in my power to stop wet dreams happening has helped me tremendously.

Heres to another 30 days!

2. AlmostRosey

AlmostRosey Fapstronaut

Great achievement, well done. Interesting thoughts on the wet dreams - I've just reached 30 days and have had one wet dream. Since then, the urges have gone up a little but I'm containing it now.

Wishing you the best for the next 30 days.

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you very much, and you too!

4. congrats buddy for 30 days. i have few doubts why people relapsed even they strike 100+ days? temptation is very high at starting day(1-21) after that temptation slowly decreased.

5. Randox

Randox Fapstronaut

As far as you go with nofap as easy you can control yourself and urges, urges never stop. Any negative thought we should cease it once it comes to our mind otherwise it's too late.

6. Randox

Randox Fapstronaut

Congrats on your 31 days man! Keep add more and more days. I advise you to do stretching exercises before sleep to reduce nocturnal emissions and wet dreams. I haven't had any wet dream during my streak cuz of them. Good luck

7. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

Congratulations man, 31 days is something to proud of! I know you can get another 30 just keep going strong!

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you!

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you! What I started doing was waking up very early, this seems to have more or less done the trick.

10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you!

11. GratifiedSlave

GratifiedSlave Fapstronaut

Well if in your point of view, wet dreams affects the streak then you may redefine streak. You may call the streak as the time period of masturbation or precisely the time period in which you dont try to release sperms artificially. You can't do much about wet dreams, can you? If no, then let it be. and focus on your control on masturbation.

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm not saying that I count wet dreams as relapses, I dont. My point is that they cause the chaser effect and as such its best to try and avoid them where possible.

Foxhole likes this.
  13. SpiritVessel

SpiritVessel Fapstronaut

@AtomicTango, First I want to say that I appreciate your posts/replies. I've seen your content pop up in threads in the past and always appreciate your perspective (and sense of humor).

Second,
    Can you share specifics? I'm waking up more and more aroused each day and concerned about the potential for wet dreams leading to a chaser effect. Any advice you have on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

The best advice I can give you is to try your best not to worry about it, because the more its on your mind, the higher the chance of you dreaming about sexual content, which then becomes a wet dream. The second piece of advice is to wake up as early as you can get away with. While it isn't always the case (had a wet dream two nights ago literally ten minutes after I went to bed), most wet dreams take place in the early morning, being awake at that time stops it from happening.

I should clarify that one or two wet dreams arent the issue, its when one leads to another, which then leads to many more back to back. At the start of this streak I was having so many that my semen was basically water, which means that there was no actual sperm left. This drained me so hard that it was hard to cope, but I persevered and it got better with time.

Woodcutter74 and SpiritVessel like this.
  15. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Good work and love the Paul Atredes quote.

16. RndyBm

RndyBm Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Congrats on the 36 days man! That's awesome. You are an inspiration, so keep it going.

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you! I too really like the quote. I need to get back to reading the sequels to Dune, but haven't gotten around to it due to reading other books in the meantime.

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Thank you very much, lets aim to both keep it going!

RndyBm likes this.
  19. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Have so many to read myself, so I can relate.

20. Big time congrats on your 30 days!

Regarding your signature, I have to say, the fear will never truly go away, nor do I need it to. Or perhaps even want it to. On someone else's signature, there is something about knowing your fear, and thereby managing it, or something like that. Not eliminating it. I say this because for me, I have acknowledged that this addiction will be in my background for an indeterminate period of time, perhaps for the rest of my life. Therefore, I live with the fear that I will fall back into my old ways. I have finally come to peace with that. I don't need it to go away. Before I did, and it tripped me up constantly. I would tell myself "It is gone! I am healed." Followed relatively quickly by, "Well, since you have this handled, it is ok if you M now, and you can probably handle a little P." Need I say more.

So I am okay with fear. This is my fear. However, I will not cower. I will embrace life, not the death that comes from allowing myself to be consumed by this addiction.

To be clear, I am NOT saying I have this handled. I am doing the best I can like everyone on this site. I am just saying it is not my goal to have no fear.