1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gay Conversion Therapy to be Banned

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 4, 2018.

1. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It shouldn’t be banned if the person’s WILLING to go, and without force from either the government or parents (which is why I also believe it should be banned for minors also). But FORCING someone to go to gay conversion theory should DEFINITELY be banned.

LEPAGE likes this.
  2. Of course I don't know! Why would say I don't know how I feel about this if I knew?

3. I didn't mean that in a rude way. I'm just saying, a lot of people here are making claims that "conversion therapy" is completely ridiculous and never helps anybody, and I'm just saying, nobody knows that. Also, I have an issue with the term "conversion therapy." At first glance, I would say I'm also against that, because I picture gay people strapped to some kind of electric chair that zaps them when they have gay thoughts or some crap. But that's not all that's being banned, and I think some of the things being banned are actually not harmful and might help some people.

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I don't really understand why governments are so gung-ho about banning this. Some folks want to voluntarily enter conversion therapy because they want to live straight lives, for various reasons. So what? So it didn't work out for everyone who tried it and some were miserable. That's a chance you take with every decision you make every day.

If people are allowed to pump themselves full of estrogen or testosterone and go under the knife to have their sex rearranged, then I think people should be allowed to go to conversion therapy if they choose to do so. If gender and sex are truly as fluid as the LGBTABCDXYZ groups say they are, then you have to be prepared to let people go the other way and not cry about it.

Themadfapper likes this.
  5. Kirby

Kirby Fapstronaut

It depends what they do to make them straight

6. I still go back to the argument that people are barking up the wrong tree by focusing on one thing in their life. Conversion therapy reeks of if only syndrome. If only I was rich/tall/young/white /upper class etc then I would be happy... It's a fallacy changing one thing about ourselves rarely makes us happy. Look at all those people addicted to plastic surgery. If people want to change they should go to a registered psychiatric practitioner and discuss their deeper issues not some cultish group.

7. That's really just one perspective though... just because somebody wants to change something about themselves doesnt mean they're obsessed with it, or that they think that will magically make everything else in their life perfect.

8. Ok, maybe you shouldn't have started your post like that because to me it came across as being rather condescending.

9. Well... sorry you misunderstood.

Deleted Account likes this.