1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Been on this recovery road for 3 years now

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by lucas.garciag96, Jul 6, 2018.

1. lucas.garciag96

lucas.garciag96 New Fapstronaut

Hi everybody. I'm a 22 year old male from Spain and I discovered NoFap about 3 years ago. That's when I decided I had to try it and change my life radically. While my life has improved a lot in many aspects since then, I have not been able to complete the 90 days hard mode reboot yet. I relapsed today after being sober for 3 weeks. I am scared, I don't know what else to try, I feel as I have been fighting for nothing these years.
    Although I've been visiting Nofap reddit for quite a bit now, I've never post anything on it or tried to tell my story. I guess I'm just trying something new.
    I'm currently on my last years of my industrial engineering degree, which is one of the hardest things I've ever done alongside with NoFap. I blame my degree for my relapses from the last 6 months or less, as I have been suffering from tremendus amounts of daily stress, anxiety and poor sleep.
    Sometimes I think this is not my place, as I cope with these issues very bad, often ending in relapsing.
    I guess I just want it to finish as I have very few subjects left of the degree.
    Over time I have tried everything:

-Meditation (over a year doing it everyday)
    -More reading
    -Going outside more
    -Cold Showers (been 2 years straight doing them)
    -Working out 3 times a week (as my degree won't let me do more)

I've seen so many people succeed on 90,120,180,365 days... I'm just tired of myself not fighting this shit with all my power, I truly believe now this is my chance to reach those goals. I try not to count the days in my streaks.
    I have read, listen and watched all the information there is on the internet and books about this topic. I don't know where to start now if I want to change for reals this time. I need some motivation. Wish you all luck guys, and stay strong. Peace.

(Sorry for my grammar/vocabulary, still improving it)

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

Look, this isn't easy. So don't be discouraged. This is very hard, but it's worth it.

I hope you keep coming back.

3. Bigbadwolf

Bigbadwolf Fapstronaut

Bienvenido! Its great that youre trying it now. Its my first time in NoFap as well. Good luck man. Im also still looking into all resources.