Help with computer stuff?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Hello! I've started this thread both to ask some of my own questions to any more experienced computer users, and also to provide a thread for other people to ask questions from!

Anyway, my main issue is this: I thought I was being clever on my computer, and moved the whole 'My Pictures' section onto a different hard drive (from hard drive c to hard drive d), and as a result, i've completely cocked up the file organisation, and photos from one file, has bled into other files that are totally unrelated etc... It's an absolute mess. As a result, my mother (who doesn't use it very much) is now going through all these photos, trying to relabel them, and I feel AWFUL for causing such trouble.
    Anyhoo, the only solution I could think of is using a system restore, and bring it back by one day (before I moved the whole set of files), but I'm wondering, will a system restore, restore the original file structure?

2. SayNoToPMO

SayNoToPMO Fapstronaut

I Wouldn't do a system restore as that wouldn't bring back the structure, tell me more about his like are your files spread out between other files or are they on one different file?
    ~Jameseh

3. There was originally about twentyish folders, each one with tonnes of photos in each. The thing is, by now, someone's actually gone through the photos, and have (I think) partly sorted them out. But at least I know that the system restore doesn't restore the file structure. Thanks!

4. SayNoToPMO

SayNoToPMO Fapstronaut

No problem glad to help :)

5. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Guest

The system restore only restores settings and application states, not your personal files on the computer or the file structure. It's good for rolling back changes if you installed an application or drive that's causing your computer to crash, for instance.