1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depression is ruining my life

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Yesman77, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Yesman77

Yesman77 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone, I have some really good goals that I want to accomplish and nofap is one of them but I always relapse when I'm depressed. Does anyone else's depression come in waves? I can be pretty ok for a week and then for a month I am in an awful state where I am in some cases dealing with suicidal thoughts. I tried drugs for it but I don't want to go back to ssris. How do you deal with your depression?! I just feel like I'm hoplessly caught in this web.

2. Theguywiththething

Theguywiththething Fapstronaut

So two things. If you're feeling this way, get help. I have had depression come in waves, especially after a traumatic event, like when my mom died, or we had a kid die on us (I used to drive an ambulance.) I understand that you're looking for SOMETHING to make you feel better, and your problems may be deeper than dopamine release. If you have suicidal ideations, get help. Just talking to someone about how your feeling will help. And related to that, thing two, lately, Ive found that touching people really helps me stay focused on my nofap goals. Not sexually (I mean, not specifically.) It's been a few months since Ive had a lover, but I notice that I can go days or weeks without another human touching me, and that specifically has correlated with heightened depression, feelings of worthlessness, and relapse rate.

If you have family around, see them more often than you usually. Dont skimp on that hug. And get some help.