1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am so lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, May 27, 2018.

1. I have been single and lonely all my life . I am 46 years old now. I am so frustrated. Really I can’t really describe how I am feeling

2. John Lee Smith

John Lee Smith Fapstronaut

I am 28.
    Why do you need someone else in your life ?
    You have to share.

3. If I tell you I don't know why, would you believe me? It is ok being on my own, but sometimes I dream about an intimate connection with someone

Buddhabro likes this.
  4. John Lee Smith

John Lee Smith Fapstronaut

It comes with lot of problems too though.
    So you are not bad alone.

5. kameelteen

kameelteen Fapstronaut

What actions do you take to resolve this problem?

6. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

In this forum we are all anonym. Look around in this forum how many people talk about their lonliness, fap-habit-problem, problems in their lifes etc.. So don't worry, nobody will laugh at you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I'm in the same situation and I feel your pain. I think much of it has to do with outside influence. Society seems to have a way of making you feel like an odd duck when you are not paired off by a certain age. But, it's important that you don't make this a self fulfilling prophecy. You don't have to remain single. I believe that most lonely people, myself included, tend to hold ourselves in our own little prisons that we could so easily escape from if we could only see our potential. I think that we both will jump the fence so to speak, when we've finally had enough.

Deleted Account and kameelteen like this.
  8. sefaozc

sefaozc Fapstronaut

How did you escape from yor prison?

10. I understand what you say. But sometimes I feel that when you come to realize all this stuff about society etc, the damage already done is possible irreversible

11. I am not worried about anyone laughing at me. I could share anything.
    What I can say for now is that the fact that I am lonely is possibly because generally I find people immature and self-centered and I can't really spend time with them. On the other hand I might be the problematic one

Miguel Fernandes likes this.
  12. It's never irreversible, but I do think that it becomes more difficult over time. Once you've spent a long time thinking and behaving a certain way, it's hard to rewire your mind to react differently to the same situations.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. I think we sometimes have to go out and spend time with people we normally wouldn’t talk to. We might just find out that those people are actually great folks.

I talked to a gentleman just yesterday who I normally wouldn’t have talked to. He came up to me and introduced himself. Turns out he’s a great guy and we have a lot of common interests.

Hope you can get out and meet people, I know from first hand experience how painful loneliness can be.

14. Hi Menross, I'm really sorry about how you are feeling... at least there are people here to share with, who may feel the same way too... I would just recommend quitting P/M for good & focus on improving yourself & enjoying life by building or creating something... find a way to connect with yourself, with others & with life. What about dating sites, through friends, traveling or meeting someone in public?
    Here are some video clips that might help console you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCR6P5rsXU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNy5umFAnDo

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
    Miguel Fernandes and Zephon like this.
  15. I have also been a loner for long, lonely in its most genuine definition, recently some told me that in relationships (any whether romantic, friends or not) it is a give and take, as much as the others sacrifice, you also must do your part. I am hoping it will work if I try applying it, although I will limit myself to only those who give (their time, space, etc) to avoid giving time/myself to people who don't care and end up being even more hateful of people

16. Greg Stevens

Greg Stevens New Fapstronaut

17. Lucifer@333

Lucifer@333 New Fapstronaut

I dream about an intimate connection with someone amd when i wake up i have sperms in my pantsp How to get rid of it?

18. I think it is semen not sperms literally lol...seriously tho, I think it is a wet dream which is a sign of recovery? I.e you are going back to default normal settings?