New to NoFap

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by CreatingSelfConfidence, May 21, 2018.

1. Hi everyone, today is my first day here on NoFap. A Cognitive Behavioral Therapist suggested it. I knew it was here but didn't give it a chance. I now see the importance of having a community to interact with and remain accountable with will help me to move past this habit once and for all.

The longest I have ever gone is 40 days. And since that last streak I've been going like a week or less and either using p or pictures on instagram. I have gotten pretty far on my own using different stuff like personal growth, therapy, yoga, and meditation. It use to be everyday.

Anyway my goal is to REBOOT. So I am starting with a goal of 90 days, and from there I will continue to not use. Today is day 1.

Thank you

Deleted Account and TheGoldenEra like this.
  2. I am excited to be able to ask questions and gain others' perspectives on things on this Forum, as well reading success stories and just being apart of the community in general

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  3. TheGoldenEra

TheGoldenEra Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi and welcome to the forums! I wish you success in this journey and hope you destroy this addicition. If you ever want help, advice or even someone to just talk to. Do not hesitate in contacting me, I would be more than happy to help.

Stay strong! :D

4. TheGoldenEra

TheGoldenEra Distinguished Fapstronaut

Good luck Bro, I personally overcame P because of my best friend telling me these things "You're watching someone smash a girl YOU find attractive?...that's kinda pathetic" and "Imagine how you'd feel if someone degraded your mother, sister or future wife like that" as well "Even though those actors may not respect themselves, it doesn't mean you should too. Control yourself and be a gentleman" lastly she said "Imagine how your future wife would feel if she knew you looked at other women aside from her like that"
    Since those words came from a woman,it kinda hit hard. I mean Ive not relapsed with P since July 21 2017 that's 300+ days. ;D

5. Thanks @TheGoldenEra! I'll see you in the forums. And yeah I will definitely reach out in the future for sure

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  6. I am quitting because of the way I feel from doing for so long (since I was ten) I am tired all the time and when I use i am very irritable and my mind gets very restless and it makes it really hard to focus and not be reactive and emotional when life comes at me. I get like paraniod even too in a way. Anyway yeah thats a big reason for me is I want my energy and strength back and I want to be at peace in my mind

I recently started learning more about the industry and I always figured it was bad but wow now that I know more its like, I dont want to be supporting this terrible industry...so even more incentive

Deleted Account and TheGoldenEra like this.
  7. andyandy7

andyandy7 Fapstronaut

Dude. What triggers you tho?

8. 1)Things at work can trigger me. I get frustrated when people arent doing what they need to do for our business to be successful. And if I get the feeling that things aren't going well it's a snowball effect because that effects how much money I may or may not make in the future..if I can buy a house...travel...be fulfilled..happy...so there's a lot riding on it and when I feel like it won't pan out i get apathetic and start thinking of using p..it's like sabotage

2) has been things with my gf in the past, when we first started dating it was very triggering at first...learning to communicate..and wondering how committed the other person is ect. Always worrying if I messed something up or if she loves me which I know she does but in the begininng it was stressful for me, but were almost 10 months now and in a good space and I have identified why i get trigger and how to cope, with my cognitive behavioral therapist so that has helped alot. But yeah thats another

3) Boredom-this is a big one and one that I wasn't aware of until recently. I just got out of a leadership training program and have soooo much more time on my hands than Im use too so that is definitely one. My gf and I are hanging more which helps and I am taking up Muay Thia to be in a community.

Those are the ones I can think of now. If I think of more Ill post them.

Thank you for asking that question it helped me get really clear on what they are and now I am accountable for them thanks @andyandy7

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  9. @andyandy7 what triggers you?

And have you set up a thread for a challenge for yourself?. I put myself in for a 90 day challenge on the 24-29 forum to hold myself to it. I notice when i dont have a goal in mind I bound to just do it when I get triggered. The longest streak I did was 40 days, and i got there because I set a goal of 90. After I relapsed I was using like every couple days or a week and did that for like 8 weeks. So now Im going for 90 again

TheGoldenEra likes this.
  10. andyandy7

andyandy7 Fapstronaut

@CreatingSelfConfidence I'm glad to hear that, it means a lot to me that it actually helped you.

Well I haven't posted a thread yet, don't know what to say though. I'm still reading ppl's journey, that actually gave me a brief summary of what i feel and how to overcome in the near future.

11. Hi! Welcome. 40 days is great. That's proof you did it once so you can do it again. Lot's of success to you on this journey!

12. Thanks!

TheGoldenEra likes this.