1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I will go 90 days to gym for 90 days of nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by tune345, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tune345

tune345 Fapstronaut

Extremes situation calls for extreme measure ...

i have never joined gym before but it's about to go down now !!

2. fapstradamus

fapstradamus Fapstronaut

Be sure you actually research and know what you're doing. Nothing will discourage you more than going to the gym everyday and doing worthless exercises to see hardly any results. Take protein(ON Whey is the standard middle of the pack brand). Do HIIT cardio. Use less weight if you need to. What's important is maintaining good form. Also make sure you're joining a legit gym and not getting ripped off. Avoid LA Fitness like the plague. I've good experiences with Bodyplex and AnyTime Fitness.

3. tune345

tune345 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the input , i was actually thinking exactly that from the first day i joined. Gym is good , it just open , so everything is new and good staff makes everything clean every minute. I will go buy some protein soon. I love to run so when i go , i first run likr 2 miles in 20 minutes at like 6 miles per hour ... then do some weight lifting then some abs.... i gotta stop skipping the leg days lol ....but thank you very much for the input ...if you have any other tips to share ... i will appreciate that ..

4. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Be careful with this.

TAKE REST DAYS!!

You can't go to the gym everyday for 90 days. You will injure yourself and destroy your body and mind in the process. If you're sure you want to go all out while doing 90 days nofap, I recommend going 3 times a week for 13 weeks. On the days you're not working out, REST. This will give your body time to recover, and send signals to your brain to increase muscle growth in the areas trained.

I can't recommend taking protein, but High Intensity Strength Training is great for building cardiovascular fitness. And correct form is essential to any workout.

Good luck!

5. tune345

tune345 Fapstronaut

edit

Yea my left knee is already started hurting on the 4th day.. but then i had knee problems before too... right now i am debating should i go now ...the gym closes in 2.5 hours and have a quick work out or just rest the body. ...hmmmm ....i think i will just go for a run

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  6. fapstradamus

fapstradamus Fapstronaut

Why wouldn't you recommend he take protein? Say his lean mass is 140lbs. That means he needs 112 grams of protein a day at least because .8 grams of protein for 1 lb of muscle for maintenance. When you're building muscle though you want more than that somewhere in the range of 1 -1.5 grams of protein to 1 lb of lean mass. That's not easy to get without supplementing with protein. He will need to up his fiber too, but all in all protein is a definite need. Sure he can just eat more chicken and such, but after awhile it may get difficult to find time to prepare all that food hence the shakes are decent shortcut.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/maki1.htm

Also, if you really wanna kick your ass try HIIT weight training. Do a set of say 10 pushups then during your resting phase you do jumping jacks then go right back to the pushups. You will feel like you're dying, but if you can power through it you will see quick results. You also will need actual rest days where you do nothing.

7. tune345

tune345 Fapstronaut

Thank you for that insightful post , i will definitely pay a visit to GNC soon , i will ask the people there for further instructions. The thing is that i want to get big , i am tall but only 162 pounds :( i hope they have something chocolate-ty :D taste powder something i can mix in water or milk ... would be great after workout or may be before ... i am vegetarian. Not vegan. So options are less for me but it's enough ... may be if i eat subway a whole month and exercise a whole month with no breaks ... i will see results soon but don't wanna break anything in my body :D ......

Just came from gym ..i did legs for the first time today .... wow the difference o_0 ...

Thanks all

8. fapstradamus

fapstradamus Fapstronaut

GNC is a huge rip off. Order whatever supplements you want off amazon.com or bodybuilding.com. You will save loads. I don't know your bodytype of stats, but if you're six feet or taller and weigh only 162 then you'll definitely want to take some type of mass gainer protein supplement. Being a vegetarian also makes it more difficult with the whole protein part of it.