1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of relapse

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Viacheslav, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Viacheslav

Viacheslav Fapstronaut

Hello to all.
    Tonight i'm thinking of relapse because i don't understand why i'm doing nofap. Many events happen in my life and not good ones.
    In february blonde woman wanted me to approach her. On first chance i didn't noticed that she wants that, on second chance she was on bus stop and around her were many people, so i didn't approached her. Some days later i noticed her in the morning with a new man. That morning at bus stop i look at her face again just to be sure that it is the same woman. Yes, she was same woman, but she looked older than before. Whatever, she was disappointed.
    She is not the only woman i didn't approached. Particularly, it is because now i work only half a day and getting only half of initial salary. So, i'm financially broken, What woman will want to have a long-term relationship with me ? I don't know. So i don't approach any girl even if it looks like a good chance. And, i think, i still scared of approaching. As i remember, before nofap i did several approaches, i was more ready for it than now.
    Several weeks after event with that blonde i take hooker. It was worst expierence for at least two years or even more. Before that i had a hooker in october last year. Week later i did it again and it was even worse.
    I didn't make progress in my career because of nofap, but lost half of working hours and half of salary. I almost always depressed and almost never smile.
    So, i don't have a point of continuing this journey. I feel like nofap finally crashed my life. But maybe I'm wrong, so waiting for your comments.

2. asbgca

asbgca Fapstronaut

Hard story man, I feel your pain. Sorry to hear about your job. Don't worry tho, money comes and goes. Once you're back to your normal self you'll get more hours again or another job. About the woman at the bus stop, cold approach like that is really tough to do so don't beat yourself up about it too much.

I don't think it's nofap that did it, it's the addiction. Nofap is helping you quit, but there's gonna be tough times, it's always like that. The first month is usually the hardest, there's a lot of withdrawal symptoms. That's what you're feeling right now. You get depressed, you feel down, you get anxious about stuff, you might even think you're dying. This is your brain trying to trick you into relapsing. For me the first 15-30 days are the hardest. Once you get to 30+ days it gets easier and you feel the benefits a lot more. I had 80+ days this year, I can tell you it's all true. Stick with it man and trust the process. You'll get the benefits eventually. Approaching women at a bus stop will feel like a breeze. 22 days is great, keep it up and you'll start feeling the superpowers soon.

3. Honestly theres nothing left to say. Everything i thought was already mentioned in asbgca's response. So there you go.

asbgca likes this.
  4. Oh, i didnt see your counter reset. I think you should try again, no good can come from this cycle of addiction and failure.

"Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell"

asbgca likes this.
  5. Viacheslav

Viacheslav Fapstronaut

I have resetted my counter about 3 weeks ago. So far my longest streak was about a month. Thanks for support and all kind words. This weekend i was researching job market and finding out what skills i need to improve to maximize my earnings, more probably it will be on another job, although.

asbgca likes this.