1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with no BFF

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Mar 30, 2018.

1. I had a friend once, we would do everything together, we could talk about anything to each other no matter how weird or crazy. It had been that way since I was 6, now I am 18. I have a few irl friends and a lot of online friends, but I am constantly empty and go to bed feeling alone. Moving on is so difficult.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

I know the feeling... Find a fulfilling passion and put your energy and time into that passion... For me boredom = feeling lonely. Sitting around let's your mind wander and you start to let your mental state spiral downward(sometimes into a depression). You could try to find others that are interested in your passion as well. For me, I go to the gym a lot and at night I meal prep and I am starting to write in a journal. Make it something fulfilling, make it something that makes you want to get up in the morning. Binge watching netflix and playing video games is not a passion, that's a road to more empty feelings and depression.

3. kellygreiner

kellygreiner New Fapstronaut

bf goes to liars and bitches

4. BMW-6er

BMW-6er Fapstronaut

Maybe you have family members ?

5. Wow, what an assumption, no we just grew apart naturally.

kropo82 likes this.
  6. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Totally agree with this. Being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely. It's only when you wallow in that loneliness that it really gets to you. Learn something new and find what you love. After all, you have the time.

7. IronDog

IronDog Fapstronaut

I have a the worst time making friends irl. I can relate. I tend to find one person and depend on them. Not sure how to break that cycle, but I do relate.

8. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Your name. Your profile message ("Barely living"). That picture of an anime about a depressed and lonely person. Your posts on this forum that I've seen so far. Your vibe is generally depressing.

Would you want to have someone in your life that brings a negative vibe around you?

What interests / hobbies / clubs / activities / communities are you contributing in? Where are you meeting people? You do this online, but how are you doing this in reality?

You complain about being lonely, but are you even trying to meet others or just waiting around for something to happen?

9. manimlonely

manimlonely Fapstronaut

It's not a popular tip, as all of the main ones are already written here, but I'm offering you to try meditating. It helps to relax your WHOLE you. It let's your mind be free from thoughts and from emotions for some time. After meditating each day you'll feel better, safer, more self-conscious etc.. It won't solve the boredom, loneliness totally, but, you know, it will make you feel better by a bit.

I can relate. I get emotionally caged to very few people too. I can't let them go easily, I can't live without them when I try to let go, I find it difficult to move on from one to another person. Maybe it's just us, sensitive people. Maybe it's the problems we had in the past. It doesn't matter if we are a bit more vulnerable, we don't have to live the lives that are presented in social media, TV shows and movies. F that. You don't have to be a some sort of hippie to question/hate this forced lifestyle. Try doing what's interesting for you, try searching for what is interesting for you. The people you need will come to you automatically.

Hi(sorry for bad English xd)

10. Tafjord

Tafjord Fapstronaut

i struggle even finding online friends, sad life

11. manimlonely

manimlonely Fapstronaut

Well, there's a saying... either it's the foreman that is bad or the clay, that he's working with, is bad. It means that if nobody is liking you, maybe it's not the problem of everybody, but with you. Maybe it's your attitude towards everything. Search for critique, not opinions. Learn to improve yourself.

12. Tafjord

Tafjord Fapstronaut

never said it was anyone's problem, i just dont know where to go to find people to play with

13. I never really thought about it like this. Thank you.

14. Mr.Imperfect

Mr.Imperfect Fapstronaut

Life brings us together sometimes and we befriend the person whom we like. But more than that , we as humans are constantly migrating from one place to another. From school to college to work and then our workplace also changes often. We have to be extremely lucky to have the same person for our entire life as circumstances seldom let it happen. There are more separations than meetups, because as we we age, we lose more people than we meet. That's the truth..
    But one thing doesn't change..that is YOU...see yourself from another person's perspective..see what great things you are capable of...motivate when its down, caress when its sad, celebrate when its joy...because at the end of the day my friend...you are your own BFF... and trust me on this...it will always be with you even when others are not..

All the best!! :)