1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What was your first few drives like after passing driving test?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ace12, Mar 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ace12

Ace12 Fapstronaut

I recently passed my driving test, first time with only one minor fault! I feel like I'm a good enough driver, I've never had my instructor intervene when I was learning. I was so excited to drive...then I got in a car by myself. It is so different. I'm a nervous wreck! I only practice on some side roads where I live because I don't want to go on the main road. I just want to know if anyone else was really nervous driving alone at first.

Knighthawk likes this.
  2. Yeah we’ve all been there. I didn’t go on the highway for months!

3. Harpsichord

Harpsichord Fapstronaut

First time I went on a highway was in a driving class with my instructor; it was kind of nerve-wracking to be honest. Still today, every time I drive on that type of road, it just feels like a high speed jungle, especially in heavy traffic.

If you did well in your driving test, you're probably as good a driver as most you'll encounter on the road and just need to build more confidence and experience. Have trust in your abilities!

4. Got my license when I was 16, i was driving long before that though. My dad was having me drive late middle school on side roads. Main roads and highways early highschool, so I already knew how to drive highways.

When I had my permit at 15, I had a 17 yo girlfriend with a car and I drove her car (illegally) with her in passenger seat. Passed out a minivan on a side road going 45-ish mph in a 25. She loved it, we were both reckless, what made us good together. Cop instantly pull us over, let's me off w a warning bc I didn't even have a license yet lol

But no, I've always been very comfortable driving.

5. My dad always always made me back into parking spots. I could never pull in. So my driving instructor was saying I'm not that good at parking, then we did backing in and I was baller at it.

6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I was much more comfortable driving alone than with my mom. You'll get more comfortable driving over time.

7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I actually didn’t mind the motorways. They’re usually safe whenever people aren’t being nut jobs. The main issue I had was crossing into oncoming traffic when turning. That was always terrifying, but I got used to it after a few months. By the time you’ve been driving a few years, almost nothing phases you... that you’re used to, anyway.

Traffic always sucks. Same with leaving some parking lots. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t complain or even fear those situations.

8. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

You will get used to it in no time at all.

9. Well with 20+ years driving under my belt I can say this at first it was strange to be in a car by myself driving. My driving instructer was never to nice he was always finding fault but I passed the road and written test . driving alone is diffrent at first you will get used to it by the way I hate heavy traffic and I have been driving a lot longer then you have been alive. You are probly doing a lot better driving than what your mind is telling you stick with it your doing fine

10. Ace12

Ace12 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the responses people! I'm probably going to try and drive just around the block for like 5 minutes in the morning. The thought of it is scaring me but it has gotta be done!