1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This is really tough to do alone

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by hopefulS3, Mar 26, 2018.

1. hopefulS3

hopefulS3 Fapstronaut

I've been on this journey for just under 3 years now and man my ego has seriously hindered my ability to fight this. I will admit, I've made tremendous progress but it's the last hump that I can't get over. My longest was 50 days, then I thought "I proved it to myself, I can obviously do this." then came up with excuses as to why I can relapse and those same excuses are what I use to continue to relapse.

I've gotten over some of the sense of entitlement and a lot of the procrastination that I used to have but I haven't completely eliminated it. I know exactly how great it feels when you're on a nice streak and social and attentive and present and awake. I just need help getting back there when I used to think I can do it alone. I'm going to be using this as my journal any time I have thoughts or urges.

Feel free to reach out if you want to as well. We're much stronger together and I'm open to accountability partners etc.

KingsFan83 likes this.
  2. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to help you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you.

I wish you a successful reboot.

hopefulS3 likes this.
  3. KingsFan83

KingsFan83 Fapstronaut

I feel the same way, It’s so difficult to feel so isolated when going through this. I can’t talk with my family about it or anything, so the anonymity of NoFap is really nice. If you want an accountability partner I know they have a section for it or you can message me, but I’m new too, idk if it would be preferable to partner with someone who’s already had great success. Either way, I wish you the best and know that there are thousands in the battle with you. ✊

4. hopefulS3

hopefulS3 Fapstronaut

Sounds good, I definitely have to keep a journal, I'll find that in the Forums. I'm already on a 30 day challenge, then I'll complete the 60 day challenge for 90 complete days. I appreciate the advice

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. hopefulS3

hopefulS3 Fapstronaut

Thank you, yeah I'm definitely in for an accountability partner. I feel like it makes thing so much easier because not being able to talk to anyone has just made me isolate myself more and more. Trying to break out of that. I have whatsapp and kik, let me know which is better for you

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. KingsFan83

KingsFan83 Fapstronaut

I don’t have either yet but I can download WhatsApp after work and message you, I get home around 6 PM Pacific Time.

7. hopefulS3

hopefulS3 Fapstronaut

Sounds good, I'm on Pacific Time as well. Thank you for your help.