1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't believe what I've just seen.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ub3rT1m3, Jan 29, 2018.

1. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You state that it must take courage to walk around in public because people will judge and react differently to her... but here you are creating a forum thread judging and reacting to her. If you truly believe it's hard for her, then stop treating or seeing her like she's something other than a person.

Which do you think is harder, her being able to make eye contact and interact with you or you being able to make eye contact and interact with her?

Compassion would be not treating her differently than anybody else.

This superficial type of judging and reacting to others is the reason why most men treat physically attractive people differently and thus failing with them. The failure to see a human being.

Deleted Account and Lions like this.
  2. Ub3rT1m3

Ub3rT1m3 Fapstronaut

I am not judging...where is the judgement? I witnessed first hand the reactions she was getting from others but I did not react so as to make her uncomfortable. She is overcoming adversity and as someone who struggles with SA I find it inspiring. Don't see why some people are finding that so difficult to understand?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

So would you be willing to tell her that you admire her for struggling with social anxiety because of her "condition"?

How do you think that conversation would go?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. BarkingDogs

BarkingDogs Fapstronaut

Attitudes towards disfigurements, or whatever the correct term is, seem to be very much dependent on the culture with Western Anglo Saxon cultures, i.e. US + UK probably being the worst.

Seen people in public in many other parts of the world whose appearances would certainly attract unwanted attention in the UK being able to go about their business without strangers on buses etc gawking at them.

5. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I hope nothing like that happens to me either but you dont need to grow tumors on your face to understand rejection or superficiality. You talk about compassion and empathy when youre the one who went as far as to go on line and post about how weird she looks. Its not like shes gonna read it but I think if I were her I would rather people not make a big deal about my condition than have them start some sympathy campaign for me because they assume Im some type of victim.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2018
  7. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Along the line of the topic, these two guys rock as an example of the spirit of a human in the face of difficulty.

Ub3rT1m3 and kingpietro like this.