1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

WEED,.. thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RadioactiveMan, Oct 7, 2014.

1. RadioactiveMan

RadioactiveMan Fapstronaut

As an avid Weed smoker, i was taken back by a comment my friend made; she suggested that cannabis is something that changes your state and numbs you out... ultimately changing your reality. could it be that i choose to smoke so as not to face my own reality, living blissfully in the "high."

Maybe weed isn't helping me with NoFap and my journey to self-improvement.

thoughts ?

2. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

To me weed is a drug that sucks your motivation away, your fire. Lose that, and this pursuit is going to be very difficult.

Maybe the question you should answer, is "Why continue to smoke weed?"

3. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

It's a psychoactive drug. If you're using it a lot (more than once a week) stop that.
    Some people find habitual use makes them bad at life. It can make mental illness worse.
    Get yourself out of that haze and back into what you need to be doing.
    If you feel you can't live without it, consider yourself an addict.

4. Man On Fire

Man On Fire Fapstronaut

Me and most of my friends have been smoking weed, drinking and taking drugs since we first met in our teens. What seemed like thrill-seeking and bonding rituals have over time come to appear more like self-medication for our anxieties and depressions (in my case and probably several friends, anxiety and depression as a result of PMO addiction).

I've certainly had weed 'trips' that were much worse than any negative reaction I've had on LSD and magic mushrooms and I've witnessed a friend of a friend develop severe mental psychosis from habitual weed smoking.

However I know lots of people who still use it regularly who, at least on the surface, appear well-adjusted human beings. Who knows what you'll find if you scratch the surface though.

5. RadioactiveMan

RadioactiveMan Fapstronaut

Hey thanks for the input guys, I've definitely been thinking seriously about how i want my life to be and how i want to mold it to become the man i really am... weed is not in the cards for me and i can see that. just like cigarettes and alcohol that are also reality numbers. i want to get high on the endorphins after an hour of running or a session at the gym... i want to see colors again, smell the flowers and take advantage of how wonderful life is. weed numbs the pain but it's never really gone.

Thanks guys :) excellent food for thought

6. Pope668

Pope668 Fapstronaut

Well me and two of my friends used to smoke weed quite regularly, them more so than me.

I did notice on myself mostly but on them as well, regular smoking does tend to take away your "drive", mainly cause I think that being stoned makes you content, so there is no need or reason to improve yourself or your situation. Besides that there wasn't any real bad or ill effects.

But however we all stopped around a month ago, me and one of my friends are now in our third week of being clean, and there are no side effects or real withdrawels, other than with cigarettes, that sucks to quit, well did, going better now, anyways I digress. We didn't suffer with leaving it, found it easy, our other friend however, he is hating having to quit, being short tempered, rude, and doesn't seem to hang with us as often anymore. This after a month of being clean...

So just giving my experience here, it seems to affect every one differently, I personally don't feel weed is any worse than alcohol, but have to be used in moderation, same as alcohol. But I won't smoking anymore as I don't want to lose that "drive"

7. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

I don't feel like enough research has been done into cannabis usage to simply deem it as "harmless fun" (like the media and many people seem to profess). It does seem to make you somewhat less proactive, and, unlike alcohol, I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong) that it stays in your system/blood stream for a lot longer than a day or two- like upto two weeks or something!

But as someone stated before I think it's important to ask yourself "Why should I continue using weed?"

8. MadHatter

MadHatter Fapstronaut

You may decide to stop smoking, and that's cool. however -

This plant was put on Earth to bring people together, and to bring one closer to oneself. It holds many remedies and possibilities.

If you wish to explore the herb's useful and body-mind-expanding properties, without abusing it or feeling controlled, I'd advise a short break (2-3 weeks), and then continuing smoking only once a week, preferably not alone.

If you decide that weed is not for you at all, that just may be the truth and you should stick with it.
    Good luck!

9. Bitecoin

Bitecoin Fapstronaut

For me, weed make me very horny.
    It increased sensation so much when I fap, smoking, PMO ==> sleep. This was some kind of a religion for me.

If I can give an advice for every new pot smoker : wank when you are high, that is awesome !

But if I want to quit PMO, I will not smoke a hit ^^

10. beauty

beauty Fapstronaut

Yup, me too. Weed=PMO. So unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, I have to avoid weed altogether.

11. dlaekdnlt123

dlaekdnlt123 Fapstronaut

I have a friend who smokes sheesha and weed. On an unfortunate occasion, he had to move to a country where weed is illegal and sheesha is nonexistent. He had some hard time adjusting to new life without smoking things, and he seemed quite desperate time to time. It's been about an year and half since then, and right now he became a 'better person' than he used to be, as in, he is less agitated and less angry. He became sort of more approachable, and for the first time in his life, has a girlfriend. He himself though, doesn't seem to be aware of the difference.
    Seeing from that, I think quitting weed helps in a sense; as you said, it's a substance that helps you get away from real life worries, so when you're outside the 'high', the chances are you'll probably be less happier than if you never smoked weed at all. Since these sort of things are really just case by case, I won't say you must quit weed, but it's a little anecdote to consider.