Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Greenlight, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Greenlight

Greenlight New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any books to read for inspiration when the going gets tough during 'reboot' or just great books that have helped you through the process in general? All suggestions welcome, it does not necessarily have to deal with addiction per se.

I would love some recommendations to do with self-discipline in particular.

Silver Skull likes this.
  2. Andreid

Andreid Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Currently, I'm reading 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. It is very inspiring and it is a very good boost in moments when you feel you are about to relapse.

You can also read the Witcher series if you like fantasy. That fantastic world makes forget about your problems in real life and it's a great escape from the current moment.

3. just started reading ‘the Nature Fix’ by Florence Williams
    highly recommend it!

Silver Skull likes this.
  4. Silver Skull

Silver Skull Fapstronaut

Whats up brothers in the struggle, im a huge, HUGE sci-fi reader so i'll make 2 special recomendations if you are so inclined in this wonderful genre

1.- Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein; [little parenthesis here, the movie is an insult to the book, they only share the title] this book changed my life, the journey of young man through the voluntary military service of the Federation, it is one of the best books ever.

2.- Red Rising - Golden Son - Morning Star by Pierce Brown; this recommendation is a switch, this is a breath of fresh air, new sci fi done right, creative, an epic saga of rebellion and courage in the far future, will be worth your time, it is amazing.

On the bounce brothers!, out.

5. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

oh dude! THE ALCHEMIST is a F classic. I love it. I've had audio book before. Now I gotta buy the book. Its so incredible, as I love adventure and inspirational stuff. Its a perfect fix for me.

Andreid likes this.