1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Skin

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Can16, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Can16

Can16 Fapstronaut

Im 16 years old and my skin looks like shit.I dont even want to look mirror.Any advice?

2. Chris3000

Chris3000 Fapstronaut

What about your skin don't you like ?

3. Is an acne problem? Clearisil worked really well for me. I had a scrub or face wash or something from that brand that I used on my back, and it cleared up almost instantly.

Other things that are good for your skin... washing with mild soap and cold water, not hot water. Cold water seals your pores, hot water opens them uo. So if you wash with hot water, you should rinse with cold water to seal those pores back up.

Witch hazel is said to be pretty good for skin. I use it as a facial cleanser every once in a while. Keep it away from your eyes, though.

Also, don't scrub your face super hard. Sometimes people think of ance as a sign that your face is dirty, so they start washing more and harder, and that's actually bad. You want to be gentle.

If your skin is oily, I would probably wash it gently with a mild soap and cool water every evening or morning or both. If you do both and your skin starts to feel dry, cut it down to once a day maybe. And in addition, you can try various acne creams or washes... Like I said, I liked clearisil. Proactive is said to be good as well. And there are topical creams, too, that you can use. I used to use a topical cream when I was a teen, because I generally didn't have a lot of acne all over, but just some smaller problem areas.

Hope some of that helps!

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  4. BetterMan123

BetterMan123 Fapstronaut

You're 16 years old. Most people go through the acne stage, it's normal! Dont get me wrong, I'm sure cassteaelle knows what she's talking about, and if you want help through it by all means, but I think just time will help too. I had acne when I was younger, and have the odd breakout if I'm very active due to my job, but it's just part of growing up man. I hate to hear someone say they don't want to look in the mirror, I used to have terrible self image, and hate it when someone else is going through it. Wait it out man. You'll get through it.

5. That is true for most people, yes. You typically will grow out of it. But in the meantime, it can be annoying for sure.

LEPAGE and Deleted Account like this.
  6. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

If it's acne your worried about, there are a couple of things to try. Honestly, nothing the doctor ever gave me did the trick, and I tried everything short of Acutane, which they advise against if you are young because it can be dangerous. That may be an option, but those pills can be expensive.

Clearisil was mentioned by CassTeaElle above. You might try that. I never did. I tried Neutrogenia, which was a bust for me, but it might work for you. I also tried Oxy. This was another bust for me, but again, it may be the thing for you. Finally I tried Proactiv, and that has done the trick for me. I still use it.

If you sign up for the refills, they will send you a "two month supply" every other month. I have found that the "two month supply" actually can last for about a year, so I buy individually when I run out; no auto refill.

7. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

Here is what I did:
    1- Cut out unhealthy foods (processed, sugary, junk, etc.)
    2- Ate more healthy foods (vegetables, fruits, good quality meats)
    3- Take cold showers twice a day (If you use products make sure they are oil-free and gentle on your skin)
    This has worked miracles for me, and I am almost completely clear now. Hope it helps!

-TheBigBadWolf

8. Can16

Can16 Fapstronaut

my problem is i have acne and my skin is really oily.
    I cut out sugar,i use some products which doctor gave me and i will try to take cold showers but weather is gettin colder everyday so i dont know if i can do it.
    But i worry about if i will have skin problems after even puberty.

9. Can16

Can16 Fapstronaut

thanks for advices btw :)

10. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Another thing I should mention about Proactive is that it will discolour (bleach really) whatever towel you are using to dry your face with afterwards.

11. You could try avoiding dairy products for a while.

When you're washing your face you could leave the lather on for about a minute before rinsing it off.

12. @Can16 @Can16

Look into your parents getting "acutane." It's a prescription drug.

When I was your age I used proactive and countless facial creams. You need those to clean the outside of your skin. But if it's really bad you should use acutane.

It's a pill you take over a year or 2. It cleans from within the inside to prevent oily skin. Downsides: it dries your skin out alot, this is the point of it all. Also if you're a woman and happen to get pregnant on the drug, your baby will come out deformed.

I went from my face covered in acne, to now. Its much clearer and I have a couple spots of acne. Just normal, not bad at all.

It works, and just wash w soap&water or cetaphil. Don't waste money on those 3 step proactive or expensive shit. The acutane costs enough and that'll work. Talk to your doctor.

13. This is if it's severe acne. Meaning if your peers/friends happen to have much clearer skin then yours. That was my case, as I'm sure is yours bc you don't want to look at yourself in the mirror which ain't right brother

14. Can16

Can16 Fapstronaut

i dont have much acne on my skin its just average.So i think i will get rid of it but i have another question.I have acne on my body too , is it considered normal to my ages?

15. Any moderate acne is fine for a 16 yr old dude

16. Three words: apple cider vinegar.

17. If you want to clear your skin; it's 100% down to diet and supplementation. I have cleared my decade-long acne and tried everything under the sun. I know what works.

1. You need to stop eating dairy and gluten containing foods. Avoid gluten substitutes such as gluten-free bread as they contain a lot of junk.
    2. You need to avoid sugar of all kinds. This includes potatoes, fruit etc. Many people don't realise they are susceptible to blood sugar spikes due to fructose consumption.
    3. Take a vitamin D3 supplement. (4,000 iu daily). D3 is a hormone and actually balances the hormones within your body. It's important to take vitamin k2 and magnesium whilst supplementing D3 (Avoid magnesium oxide as it is poorly absorbed).
    4. Avoid all refined carbs such as pasta and white rice. Avoid cereals.

If you stick to whole foods, a paleo diet, drink plenty of water and avoid junk; you will 100% have clear skin. It takes a lot of willpower and you have to want clear skin bad enough to stick to this. It's not for everyone.

Some great foods to eat include; quinoa, legumes (green, red lentils), use gram flour (flour derived from chickpeas) - you can make tacos or pancakes with this.

One added thing I'll mention is Nofap helps my skin tremendously. It's not been studied or researched properly but several people have said ejaculation/orgasms break them out, myself included. Don't PMO and see if it helps.

I'd say acne and skin conditions are one of my most knowledgeable subjects; it is also a subject not many people know much about and terrible advice is given. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Can16 likes this.
  18. Can16

Can16 Fapstronaut

thanks a lot :)

19. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

@Can16

You got a lot of good advices. I like to put it this way: You are a wonderful person, you are unique. Accept yourself, like yourself, love yourself. The day will come and skin will be no problem. Dont't worry about a thing. All is well.