Do you have to be good in Math to be smart?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by aztx.1998, Sep 7, 2017.

Do you have to be good in Math to be smart? Can abstaining from PMO help your brain to learn Math?

1. A - Yes you have to be good in Math to be smart

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. B - No you don't need to be good in Math to be smart

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. A - Yes, abstaining from PMO can help you learn Math

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. B - No, abstaining from PMO doesnt make a difference in your intelligence

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. aztx.1998

aztx.1998 Fapstronaut

Hey y’all, what does OP stand for? Lol no lie Im still kinda new to the terminology world of NoFap (at least with the word OP)

2. Original Post, or Original Poster. Depending on if they're referring to the first set of text, or the individual who wrote the first set of text.

aztx.1998 likes this.
  3. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Albert Einstein said his worst subject in school was always math and he had failing grades. I don't think I need to say anything else.

aztx.1998 likes this.
  4. There's no single subject that determines or perfectly proxies for smart. Much of maths is only very specifically useful for certain careers, and doing those careers does not make you smart or dumb. There is little day-to-day value in knowing trigonometry or calculus, for the vast majority of people.

I do, however, feel that becoming comfortable with probability and logic (also taught in philosophy) is generally valuable. Both are things that aren't immediately intuitive, but have value in basically every aspect of life.

5. aztx.1998

aztx.1998 Fapstronaut

For logic, I do Sudoku! Lol

6. aztx.1998

aztx.1998 Fapstronaut

Another solid answer! Thanks