1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To Weed, Or not to weed...That is the question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Emerald Dragon, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Fapstronaut

Tomorrow I may or may not get high with a friend. I was invited this morning to get smoked out, but I missed the opportunity. Was wondering will weed have any effect on my Reboot progress? If so, good or bad? I'm just wondering because I might be offered to get smoked out again, and I will respectfully decline if it isn't good for the program.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Weed has nothing to do with your progress on NoFap. Feel free to smoke it up, take a hit for me while you’re at it. :D

3. Emerald Dragon

Good to know! And I sure will.

Deleted Account and Poseidon like this.
  4. It can take the edge off for sure. But it can also lower inhibitions and resolve. So be careful.

Danger Zone and Deleted Account like this.
  5. weed helps me with my nofap journey. It makes me introspective and helps me to think of solutions rather than pushing me towards relapse. Different for everyone tho.

6. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Bro, from my experiece i suggest you quit. Ive been clean and sober from all drugs for 20 months ( coming up on 2 years!). In combination with being PMO free for 182 days, exercising whenever I can ( i just got a herniated disc),eating right, and meditating. i feel as if that smog surrounding my mind has been lifted to an extent. Thats just my experience, again. It feels like i have started a new chapter in my life, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you quit, good luck on your journey brother!

7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

That’s a great perspective to have.

8. No effect, it's marijuana. If you really want to try it, then go for it. You're getting smoked up. I personally never decline free weed.

9. Emerald Dragon

That's my stance on it too.

10. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Never understood marijuana... Used to smoke that shit up back when I was 16/17. The people I hang out with couldn't hold a conversation worth shit, always talking about being high or how they're gonna get high. Huge waste of money and time

Better pop some Benzos and go party it up

11. The latter is what happens to me whenever I smoke and the experience of the marijuana combined with the pmo becomes highly addictive.

You're a special kind of stupid if you think popping Xanaxx is a better option.

12. You've never smoked before? That's lit. The first or second time is always just the smiling, giggling type high.

13. I think he was just trolling.

Replying @Emerald Dragon: Smoking may trigger you, or may left you super relaxed and empty of feelings of cravings and the like. I've seen both sides of the spectrum. I've tried marijuana and personally, meh. Only leaves me dizzy and kind of dopey. Tried both kinds, actually. I would abstain from it, all the talk about it being healthy and "liberating" sounds like bullshit to me. Substances don't liberate you, your actions do.
    (Nothing against smokers tho)

14. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

I got my order already

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2017
  15. Good call.

16. Emerald Dragon

No I've smoked weed since high school. Now I'm more of a sophisticated type high person. But I only smoke rarely now because I only do it when someone offers to smoke me out. I don't have money to spend on a habit. And even if I did, I wouldn't spend it for weed.

17. Smoking weed is alright in moderation. With moderate use of it it gives me an enjoyable activity other then sitting in front of the computer engaging in risky business. But using it too frequently makes me feel like I haven't done anything in a while... Mostly because all I've done is gotten high and eaten muffins.

18. Emerald Dragon

I smoke in very little moderation, just a couple times a year really. Alas, I was not invited to smoke weed today (yet) but I am thankful for the advice from everyone in the thread. I am reassured in the future when the time does come around. Thanks!