30 days and Counting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ianjack, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Ianjack

Ianjack Fapstronaut

I would say that I am a third of the way towards my goal, but the truth is my goal is to be free for a lifetime so I would say a third of the way isn't quite accurate, assuming I live past the next two months. Here's hoping. :D But I would be lying if I didn't say that I feel so incredibly encouraged. My temptations and desire for P has gone down a tremendous amount. I should also mention that I am married and am sexually active, so technically not participating in hard mode. But for those of you out there that are doing HM. More power to you! I felt that it was important to share my current success, as I am always encouraged when I read about others on the forum. It's possible and you can do it. I have been struggling for about 10 years and was afraid that it was something that would plague me forever. But I don't feel that way anymore I know the temptation will always be there. But recovery is a habit.

A few things that I did to help me reach this goal was -

1. Delete Instagram from my phone
    -This was a huge trigger point for me because there is a lot of sexualized content on Instagram and you can find yourself lost in someone's feed before you know it.

2. Install a P-free Browser.
    -It's important to note that these are not full-proof and mostly serve as a reminder of your commitment. You can also add accountability partners if you choose. It will send them addresses to the websites you visited every month.

3. Visit NoFap Forum
    -I would do this every time I felt my mind wondering off. Idleness is the devil's best friend. And it's too easy to get lost in your thoughts especially if you have a strong visual memory and imagination. Reading other people's stories helped me regain focus and continue to fight the temptation.

4. Start a good habit
    -For me it has been working out but it can be anything. Again, this can stop you from having too much idle time. For me it gets me out of the house until my wife comes home. Also, it's something that I have always told myself I should start doing consistently. Also, forming good habits increases your self-confidence which is often the root of your P- problem.

I hope this can help some of you. I apologize for any grammatical errors you may find, but I'm learning that writing something this long on your phone is not ideal.

God Bless

2. PrevCDM

PrevCDM Guest

Amazing post! Congratulations and thank you.

3. DunDoThat

DunDoThat Fapstronaut

Congratulation to you. Lets Stay strong and keep going ! :D