Games art or Concept art? Please help!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nick:3, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

Ok so, I was going to do a concept art for games and film course at my university, and am now on a games art course instead (basically a lot less drawing and more 3D work, which i dont think suits me). A lot of the time I question if I should be on this course, as I don't like 3D art a lot at the moment, maybe because I'm just learning and doing pre-set tasks instead of being creative. Anyway my point is, I want to be the 'ideas man' when it comes to making a video game, and I was thinking of switching to the concept art course instead, as i think I'd enjoy it more, however I'm still very unsure and indecisive about this and I have to make my mind up soon, as I already saw the concept art course leader.

So guys, what do you think? Should I go with a course that I might enjoy more? or one that is more realistic and a little more versatile, be in mind that when I talked to the course leader, and another concept art teacher one of them said I sounded very eager to get on to the concept art course, and I felt very good that I heard I'm likely to get accepted on to it.

Be in mind I do like some aspects of the Games art course, like texturing and putting everything together in Unreal engine, and wanna try out 2D animation, and motion capture! However first and foremost I consider myself an ideas man, who has always loved drawing, especially expressively.

2. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

P.S. I was also considering Fine Art, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or meditations to share on how to learn what you're calling is?