1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by RockTheHill

All,
I'd like to share a positive experience I had today. Now, full disclosure: I'm working through day 4 of a reboot, and I've done better before, so I'm still as broken as anybody else. HOWEVER: one of the benefits I see is that as I work through a reboot I notice beauty apart from sexual beauty. Before I got serious about fixing my lust issue, I really only saw women in two categories: sexually attractive and not sexually attractive. However, since I've been pushing my clean spells longer and longer, I find myself noticing other kinds of beauty. Today at mass, for example, I saw an elderly woman (whom I found in no way attractive) with an incredibly beautiful wedding ring. For a solid minute or so I simply contemplated the ring, the way the gold shone and the gems were arranged and it occurred to me that I've never just looked at a beautiful ring and appreciated it before. Similarly, I find I can see a woman in a nice dress and appreciate that she is well dressed, analogous to noticing a nice painting or something, without giving in to lustful thoughts. Now, it's a better place to be, but I admit I still have my struggles (see: Day 4). Nonetheless, it's an important benefit and I'd like to know if any of you have seen the same thing. I think we sometimes get so caught up in the 'mea culpa' that we forget that there's a positive side to our struggle.

Dominus Vobiscum.
john1780 more_vert
john1780
I remember one time at mass the sun was shining through the windows and it looked like each person had his own ray of sunlight on him, I rember thinking that that was beutiful
miXhal and RockTheHill like this.