The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship. Good to be back with you all in full form :)

I´m feeling very tired and foggy today, but i´m handling the best i can´t. and it´s not bad :D

Let´s welcome our new member:

@Baby Yoda

And our returned brother @Teutão . Welcome back bro, i was thinking about you the other day :). Good to be with you once more, i hope our lost brothers @Julito @greenTree @Zapy97 @Gandalf the White and so many others that have strayed away, are doing well in their chosen paths.

The following members have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! ;)

@Onan the Barbarian - Uruk-Hai
    @MyGodandMyAll27 - Gates of Argonath / Anduin River

Checking out for the day. Have a great day brave Fellowship. Proud of you! :)

2. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

3. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Quick check in for Tuesday

Uruk-Hai, all right! No more am I a mere orc!

So far today: cold shower, up early from bed, prayer, walking, work done. Still to do: meditation, grading, lifting.

Just another day in paradise, boys and girls.;)

4. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 6 and now I move up to Uruk-Hai! Let's go!

5. @Ciceron @Gallade_Templar , it is a joy to read your posts. I feel as though Tolkien's inherent Catholic theology in LOTR has brought us Catholic Nerds together haha. I aim to be as well read as the likes of you two.

Day 337.

6. Green Boy

Green Boy Fapstronaut

Resetting my counter from day 4 to 0. I’m disappointed. I was fishing for P using search words that could be passed off as innocent. This led to M on and off, trying to stop myself. I went for a cold shower but before I could get in I sat on the toilet, continuing my searching of P and this led to the finale O. I took the cold shower after. I feel shit. Going to drink and smoke for the rest of today. So disappointed. I will keep trying. I need some more strategies to stop myself as soon as I feel the urge.

P.s. I only had one drink and didn’t smoke too much. Went for a long walk and cook food on a small fire. I guess a nice end to a disappointing day.
    Onward, as the journey is not over yet.

7. Green Boy

Green Boy Fapstronaut

8. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

259 days the stairs of Cirith Ungol
    333 days no PMO, semen retention

I just had a dream where I was batman fighting against lucifer, and two days ago I dreamed about a dwarf losing his limbs by weird accidents at the end he killed himself, it was too much for him.

I think this weird dreams are because I have stopped seeing movies or anything on the internet. My mind just wants to see a movie haha

9. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 18,

Keeping active and on track. Started this morning with a run and this thought came to mind that "you are the only one letting yourself slip...so don't." This mentation was strengthened by a brilliant shooting star that came at the end of the thought.

Thank you for all you do Fellowship!

10. Destruenda_consuetudo

Destruenda_consuetudo Fapstronaut

Day 26,
    yesterday was a hard day to go through. Some brain fog and desire of female bodies; I was really sad but finally I started feeling better. Can't wait to arrive in Rivendell!

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Hold on brother and try to be more physically active to fight the urges. It helps.

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Until you have consciouly looked and until you consciously decided to click on that which you know is tabu you are in control after you give control of yourself to the lust. Express you will in good time,for it is the only moment when it matters.

13. Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Fapstronaut

Day 2
    We are well on our way!

14. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 15. I skipped right past Uruk-Hai and now I am a Hobbit! I have not been checking in, sorry about that.

15. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

16. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Very true! Thank you @RiseToGreatness

17. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 112. Hardly slept last night. Work has been wearing me thin. I am taking @RiseToGreatness advice and leaning into how I am feeling rather than fighting it. I know there are better days ahead.

18. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

That one was painful, serious, this is ugly. You should stop 'cause you don't know what is logic. For you not say that I am being just mean: Logic is actualy the necessary relation between things (like, the concept of equal, smaller, bigger, what is inside or what is outside are not products of the brain). And I believe you agree with me that A=A is not relative if I am a human, an ant, or a rock, nor A=C and C contains B than B is contained by A. Seriously, your afirmation that logic depends would make mathematics and, therefore, all hard sciences a enormous lie.
    I will not enter the God proff, but, is kinda easy to prove that.

19. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

You cannot possibly state all those sentences about logic and end your paragraph with "I will not enter the God proof, but, is kinda easy to prove that." You cannot prove the existence of a God. Please keep logic in the realm of hard sciences, just as you have emphatically emphasized below.

I believe you are saying that logic exists and is exclusively external to the human consciousness. That would imply that everything you have said here is a subjective attempt to understand that. The points I have made about logic, definitely along the lines of are thinking here, are that humans cannot fully comprehend it because it is external as you described below. Logic in the hands of humans is not logic.

Yes, of course, A=A, but don't look away! Someone might swoop in and change it.

Yes logic depends on the person, especially in the realm of religion. Logic in the realm of hard sciences is wonderful and necessary, of course. Logic has no place in religion. Religion has no space for logic, this is my point.

20. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 2 complete (Attempt 4) - Orc