1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Race to 90 - To the victor goes the title

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. It sounds like you aren’t a big fan of your employment. Have you considered changing careers or looking for a new job? Also, to beat loneliness have you tried being in places where you can meet new people and make new friends? I also find that volunteering has helped me forget about myself and help other people, which in turn builds self esteem. When I was single and lonely I volunteered at a hospital in Baltimore, MD in the shock trauma resuscitation unit and the shock trauma operating rooms. It got me out of my comfort zone, I met new people and learned about the fascinating world of trauma medicine. I watched world renowned doctors save people’s lives. I quickly lost my fear of seeing blood and needles :) . I cleaned blood off body boards and stretchers. I translated for a doctor when they had a Spanish patient! I stocked supplies and set up operating rooms. I would even have opportunities to observe surgeries. I remember one time I stood in the OR while a neurosurgeon was performing brain surgery. He talked to me and had me help him with his head lamp. I saw body parts removed and in buckets. I saw stab wound victims and bad compound fractures. I learned that I would never own a motorcycle once I saw a motorcycle crash victim. I would go get blood from the blood bank and I saw first hand how blood donation saves lives. It was awesome. It was very rewarding work. I grew a lot as a person. I learned new skills. I did this while I was single and had extra time on my hands.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Game4g likes this.
  2. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Good question, Hones answer is not much. I workout a few times each week. I try to stay busy. And I post here. But when these emotions come around I don’t have a real effective way to handle them.

3. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Welcome Game4g! It is great to have you!

Game4g likes this.
  4. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Jefe, this is perfect for me! I really do need more connections. And yes I am really thinking about looking at other jobs. But I really need to do some more things that aren’t so about me. I will check out the local hospital and see if the will let me volunteer.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  5. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 14 of 90: It was the best of days and it was the worst of days. So today my mind was wondering all over the place! I mean it was not good at all my thoughts were all around MO after my workout today. But I made it through that hour and then the next. It feels so good to feel like I am getting a little bit mentally stronger each day. Today I was looking at a dating app and for the first time in a long time I wasn’t looking with a focus on just sexually appeal. But instead I was interested in real people with real feelings and hope and dreams of their own. That being said I know I need to focus on just these next 24 hours because even now my mind is wondering to PMO. I believe in myself and I believe in each of you.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  6. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thanks bud!! :)

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  7. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 15 of 90: Wow, another 24 hours. It feels crazy good to make it another day. Today was really good I got a hair cut and I am looking fresh. I got some work done and now here I am with great news that I made it through another 24. How are you guys feeling?

Jefe Rojo, Andy Dufresne and Game4g like this.
  8. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    6/90
    Feeling good.. did not get much work done today but overall happy with the no PMO.. had few mental images and urges but was able to overcome them..

JR-62 and Jefe Rojo like this.
  9. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Fapstronaut

great stuff guys. Yesterday was good, but I'm going to keep very humble until I have a few more days on this streak under my belt. My main focus right now is keeping busy - so far so good! :)

JR-62 and Jefe Rojo like this.
  10. Glad to hear it! I’m feeling much stronger than yesterday, thankfully! :)

JR-62 and Game4g like this.
  11. Hi there I love to join this challenge. I wish to be 90 days free of PMO. My day counter is 0 days so far so 90 to go.

Game4g and Jefe Rojo like this.
  12. Welcome @tiredofit1` ! I’ll add you to the standings. Best of luck to you!

Game4g likes this.
  13. Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Deleted Account and Game4g like this.
  14. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Welcome tierdofit1.. lets do this.. 1 day at a time :)

Deleted Account and Jefe Rojo like this.
  15. Game4g

Game4g Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Jefe Rojo likes this.
  16. It’s my pleasure @Game4g !

Game4g likes this.
  17. Andy Dufresne, Jefe Rojo and Game4g like this.
  18. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Hey Tiredofit1, welcome it is great to have you. I’m excited that you have joined the team.

Jefe Rojo and Deleted Account like this.
  19. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Oh yeah, I have those too. One minute everything is normal and the next I got images in my mind and I am freaking out. Although there is a lot less freaking out now. Plus it give me something to post about overcoming.

Game4g and Andy Dufresne like this.
  20. JR-62

JR-62 Fapstronaut

Day 16 of 90: Another 24 hours what a sweet goal. Today was a good day when it comes to PMO no flashbacks. But I have to admit that I jokingly made a poorly natured joke to one of my roommates and then the conversation went down hill from there. I felt so stupid, I started a trigger filled conversation! It was like lightning a match know you are covered in gasoline. So stupid! So I then had to stop the conversation and admit that it was my bad.

Today was also a strange emotional day for me. The best way I can discribe is that I took ownership for all of my thoughts and crap in my life. Kind of a disorienting blow to my ego.

Game4g, Jefe Rojo and Deleted Account like this.