Hallucination, Sleep Paralysis etc.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LonelyDude21, Oct 15, 2018.

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, i have been very interested in this topic for a long time. I know that to experience this, you must get some symptoms such as stress or sleep deprivation. I want to experience hallucinations because i'm just curious. For that i would do a 6 day no sleep challenge. But before i do it, i wonder if any of you had actually done this challenge before. There may be negative effects, i know, i have researched in topic a lot of times. For example, our immunity system weakeans on the 3rd day and there is an increased chance of a heart attack if the no sleep was prolonged. I know that there are risks. But i also realize that there's not really much case that talks about a person dying because of sleep deprivation. So i guess i'd be safe but i'll be more vulnerable to other diseases such as fever. That's why i'll stay home all day, eating less and healthy food with plain water. So anyway, i want to know your opinions on this topic. Thank you.

2. What do you hope to gain from this?

3. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Honestly, just experience.

4. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

I would get into lucid dreaming man. Practicing that has gotten my into sleep paralysis and hallucoginec states a couple times too.

Huitzilopochtli likes this.
  5. arent you partly lying you said that you wanted to damage your brain just enough to stop certain kinds of thoughts youre having

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2018
  6. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Actually i've already told you that my first thought of no sleep is actually trying to get hallucination. But who says there can't be another reason right?

7. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Hmmm, i don't really know lucid dreams. Could you tell me more about it?

8. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

Bad mistake bro. I have tried lucid dreaming and it doesn't work for me. If you want it from the scientific point of view, even animals dream when they sleep. And if you want to go even deeper, dreams is just a random act of our brain that works in our minds when we fall asleep every night. My urges are lessening over time these past couple 3 days because I have been busy reaching my life goals and accomplishments. I have more faith in myself and my mind doesn't focus on women so much or cravings.

9. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

NO!NO!NO! That kind of sleep deprivation will cause permanent brain damage! What research have you done? Genuine academic research or random dumbasses with You Tube videos? There is NO case history I have ever seen anywhere that shows a person enduring sleep deprivation for that long that was not left permanently brain damaged and changed for the worse. In every case they suffered behavioral changes and personality disorders. Please share your sources.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  10. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I haven't tried lucid dreaming, so maybe it could work me? I mean you never try you never know. Anyway, my dreams has nothing to do with seeing women or whatsoever, i just want to experience how a human would feel if they were deprived of sleep.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  11. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I mean of course i research on youtube too but i saw them from legitimate scientific channels like TED-Ed. Sometimes i scroll down the comment sections and saw that majority of the experiences people had because of sleep deprivation were similar.I went to websites too, researching for sources, but these sources were mainly at the top, meaning like it pops out immediately when i type "effects of no sleep" so idk about you, what makes you think it's false? Anyway, i know that the highest record of no sleep is 11 days, he's part of the guiness record you can research on it. But talking about aftermath effects, he did suffered insomnia for a long period of time. That's probably because he did 11 days. I'm only doing about half his number. So what worse could actually go wrong if i do 6 days while he didn't die from not sleeping for 11 days? Explain. And thank you.

12. I read about the boy who broke that record. He had two friends initially help, a sleep researcher monitoring him, and obviously his loving highly worried parents.his friend started writing on walls on the third day of no sleep.

and you're gonna try to do this.. alone?

13. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Yeah i'm doing it alone because i no fear. Anyway, about those boys who "broke" the 11 days no sleep record, can give me the the link to this source? And also, going crazy on the third day is actually a rare occurrence since he haven't even reach the period of hallucination which is during the 4th day of no sleep and above.

14. MusicMakingMonk

Well, it's basically being aware that you're dreaming as you are dreaming, and once you know, you have control over the dream. Dreams can be seen as hallucinations, they're pretty trippy, even more so when you know you're dreaming.
    It can be practiced, that's the nice thing about it.
    A lot of the excercises out there are basically different methods for being aware you're falling asleep, as you are falling asleep. These techniques can lead to sleep paralysis. I've had it a number of times. It wasn't even scary for me, I knew what was happening, (except some jump scare-esque hallucinations). It's a very interesting thing to get into.
    I don't know if sleep deprivation would help with this though. What you could try is getting into these excercises like reality checking and WILD (read lucid dream foru guides for more info on this), but first try smoking weed for a week before you go to sleep every night. THC blocks certain sleep stages where dreams are prevalent, and when you then stop, you're dreams have to "catch up", and you'll have super intense dreams the moment you do. Might give you a lucid dream. You don't need to do that however.

Huitzilopochtli likes this.
  15. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

That is so interesting and worth to experience. Unfortunately, drugs/weed in my country is very hard to get. But i'll definitely research more about lucid dreams. Sounds like something really worth knowing and experiencing.

16. MusicMakingMonk

It is. You can communicate with your subconcious through lucid dreams (Your subconcious communicates with you through dreams but being lucid, you can respond back in a way).
    Through lucid dreams I've gained great insight into what I really want, as well as surrounding things I no longer want to do, funnily enough, one being smoking weed and drinking alchohol.

17. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Speaking to my subconscious? Woah that is unbelievably COOL. Dude i totally want to experience this, like legit. What are some other ways for me to get lucid dreams other then taking weed before i go to sleep?

18. MusicMakingMonk

No you misunderstood me about the weed thing man. Weed actually blocks dreams from happening for the most part, but if you do this for a while and then stop your dreams come back a lot more intense. Ask anyone who has smoked daily for a year what happened when they stop. SWEAT INDUCING VIVID AS FUCKING DREAMS is what happens. I wouldn't really use this as a reliable method though, because it's not.
    So there's a couple of things you can research.
    One is reality checks, when you're dreaming there's a couple of glitches that happen. You can push your finger through your hand, your hands have an undetermined amount of fingers. Clocks and signs and text all change when you look away then look back again.
    If you get into the habit of IRL trying to either, push your finger through your hand, count your fingers, look at the time twice and check if it hasn't changed, at some point you'll do this in a dream and you will be able to actually push your finger through your hand, making you aware you're dreaming.
    Some people make this habit like when they enter a room or open a door. If you open a door, ask yourself "am I dreaming", then look around for signs, and try to push your finger through your hand, this behavior will eventually leak on through to your dreams.

Something else that's important about lucid dreaming is dream recall, or the ability to simply remember your dreams.
    See, even if you don't have a lucid dream it's important to do this, as it will lead to more dream clarity vividness, which helps the chances of becoming lucid (depending on much time you spend on thinking about dreams or find dreams interesting and being able to remember as of now can determine how fast you'll pick up lucid dreaming, but even if you can never remember your dreams at this point it can definitely be trained, it can take months though).
    So keep a dream journal. First thing you do when you wake up is try to remember all the details of last nights dream. Surroundings, things you heard or thought or said, people you saw, buildings etc. Doesn't matter if you don't remember much, just try, it will get better. Remembering your dreams and knowing what happens to them also helps with trying to find out what your subconcious is trying to tell you (it speaks a strange language, but your intuition is usually right)

Then there are things like WILD, or wake induced lucid dreaming (there's many technique's all with similar abbreviations.)
    They usually share a common idea, and that is, when you wake up at night, go pee, be awake for like 5 mins, then through doing something repitive in your head or physically fall asleep but with a certain awareness. This can be very lightly moving your fingers as you fall asleep, or shifting your awareness in cycles to hearing, your sight, how your body feels, and then there's a good chance you will instantly jump into a lucid dream.
    There's many more then these and I suggest just googling around, there's many with much better explanations then the one I'm giving.

Another one is through dream herbs. Herbs like Calea Zachatechi, these are legal supplements and help stimulate the vividness of dreams. This is handy in the beginning if you have trouble remembering your dreams or don't have very vivid dreams to begin with.
    I bought this a while ago and made tea from it. For tea you need about 0,5 grams, which is a lot (and not very taste). And it's most effective if you wake up somewhere in the night and then consume the herb.
    You can also vape it, which is what I'd recommend. You can buy really cheap vaping devices on AliExpress and elsewhere, and vaping you only need 0,1 grams, it has a lot faster onset this way, and it's way more efficient.

Those are really all the tips I have. The dream techniques are usually quite effective so I would definitely look into that. the lucid dreaming subreddit is pretty good, but there's tons of forums and sites.

Also, do not be discouraged if you don't get it right away. Or if you get it, then you lose it again. For me the frequency of lucid dreams comes in waves, and depends on how much is going on in my life (mostly emotionally) as well how actively I'm recalling dreams, doing checks, researching things etc. But to get my first lucid dreams that lasted more then a few seconds it took months (at first they'll be very short, getting excited in your dreams is a good way to wake up annoyingly enough).
    It really get's better and better the longer you do it. There's people on forums saying they have lucid dreams that feel like hours. For me it's max 10 minutes (relative feeling of course), and those are the good ones.
    So it takes a long time but it's very much worth it. All you need is patience and persistence.

Good luck friend!

Ozyman likes this.
  19. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

Okay, so I did some looking around on the subject and apparently there are people who have done long term sleep deprivation and come thru it unscathed. I'm shocked. I had never seen anything like this before. Admittedly most of my interest in sleep and research on it was done rather a long time ago. Speaking as someone who still suffers from the effects of the sleep deprivation torture inflicted on me by my lunatic ex-wife I think you are crazy to want to do this. But it's your life. Do what you want. If you want to hallucinate I still think you would be better off with LSD or mushrooms.

As for the lucid dreaming I would recommend the book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold.

Ozyman likes this.
  20. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Damn, it's way more complicated and harder to get lucid dreams than what i thought. It's like i really need to be dedicated for months to it to actually experience it. I'm sure there are natural lucid dreamers out there but seems like those who aren't natural lucid dreamers could actually experience lucid dreaming. Anyway, i've readt all your post. I didn't expect that there would be a lot interesting inforrmation about lucid dreams. I'd definitely try to follow your advice, and research on it more. But what i'm curious is that what does lucid dreams actually feel like? Can you actually feel physically although you're dreaming. Also, if i have mastered lucid dreams, i would definitely dream of having sex with a hot chick everyday XD. So what do you usually think of in your lucid dreams?