1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Met an older woman

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by FormerFapaholic, Oct 2, 2017.

1. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

I was on a night out with my friends. Met this older woman. I'm in my late 20s and she's a beautiful lady who's in her early 40s. We were chatting for ages, got some food and stayed at hers.

We did a lot kissing, cuddling and (a bit of) foreplay. Staying fap free helped me downstairs, as I was rock hard and she was wet. She even dug her nails into my body and we were passionately kissing and cuddling.

We wanted to but go all the way, but didn't. As other people were in the next room, but her daughter was also asleep upstairs. I was cool with that and the lady was glad I respected the decision made. But I told her, it'll be worth the wait anyway. She smiled and agreed.

But as the night went on and both of us sobered up. We were still chatting away and time flew by. By the morning, she wanted her bed, but her daughter was upstairs. So I had to make myself scarce before she got up. To be fair to the lady. We only just met, and she doesn't like the idea of her daughter coming with her Mum bringing men to the house - as it her home as well.

Before I left, we exchanged numbers. We both want to meet up again and had one more kiss and cuddle. She wanted me to let her know I've got home safe and sound. We've been in contact since we met via phone and text. I'm planning to arrange a date for us. As I'd like to get to know her more. I get the impression she wants the same as she's pretty receptive with texts and phone calls - ie replying back straight away.

I'm excited yet nervous over the prospect of potentially dating an older woman. I felt like a teenager again when I was with her if that makes sense. More so since I've not been dating or been in a relationship for a while.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. mcgrim

mcgrim Fapstronaut

Age really shouldn't matter if you are compatible. My SO is many years older than me.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  3. FormerFapaholic

Age doesn't phase me in the slightest, but it gives me butterflies (in a good way).

Just wondering how my friends and family would react to me potentially dating an older woman. But at the end of the day, if we're happy, that is what ultimately matters to me. A younger man, older woman relationship tends to be frowned upon by society.

It's early days anyway.

4. Be careful with that. I feel that it will not be a long term relationship and you can end up shattered to pieces if you will fall in love. I experienced kind of this (night with cuddling and nothing more, she was older and incredible, despite she told me there will be nothing serious because she is married), and half of a year now I'm, still missing her. Be careful but remember it may end up very bad.

5. FormerFapaholic

To be honest, I'm not living in hope and/or expecting anything from it. Just to exercise caution, but also help me deal with rejection if this is the outcome. As far as I'm concerned, she's single and I've asked her out for a date/meet up. If she doesn't reply or says no. That's the worst thing that can happen. Then I will leave it at that, and move on.

What will be will be.

gingeralan and WreckTangle like this.
  6. mcgrim

mcgrim Fapstronaut

You may encounter some challenges due to the age difference. We did at first but now that everyone can see that we are compatible no one notices.

7. FormerFapaholic

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't expecting it to be easy. Mind you, dating can be daunting. Especially if you've been out of a relationship or the dating scene for some time.

8. FormerFapaholic

The lady let me down gently, by saying that there's too much of a difference to go anywhere.

She said no to the date. As she didn't want to lead me on and then let me down. It's her choice, her decision. I've got to respect that, accept it and move on. Rejection happens - that's part of life. But at least I know where I stand, and I thanked her for being honest with me.

Bizarrely, I'm quite relieved from knowing where I stand now. It just wasn't to be. Turns out I wasn't the guy for her, that she isn't the woman for me, and/or it's her loss. Taking my own advice, going with my instincts, and not expecting anything from it is going to help me deal and get over this rejection as well. I've accepted what it is, and that's the start of dealing with rejection.

But oh well, I can learn, and live on from this. No point wallowing in self pity. There's plenty of women out there. One day - just one day - there'll be one out there for me.

9. corkscrew

corkscrew Guest

Sorry to hear bud. Don't let it get you down, age can be a big hurdle for someone to get over and she also has a daughter to think about.

My question to you is: what was your intention for this post?
    Get some validation for the age gap?
    Dating advice?
    Just to express your thoughts?

Are you sure this girl didn't get a little under your skin?
    At least reading this; it sounds like you may have been overthinking and possibly obsessing too much about the situation. (I personally am famous for this)...Girls can pick up on this and maybe you had a chance originally but come off too needy to her so she hit abort.

My advice: brush it off like you said you would because there are plenty of girls out there and a lot more compatible. Also, figure out what you want from a situation like this or in general. Are you dating to get laid, find a companion, girlfriend, soul-searching. The kid layer is a whole new complicated as well (but I've always kept it an afterthought)

Older women are fun, especially if you like a women who knows what she wants.

10. FormerFapaholic

Yeah, I have been thinking a lot since I haven't been dating for a while, let alone be in a relationship.

I used to be a lot worse when I fell for someone in the past. Maybe I'm still a little obsessive without realising. To clarify, I didn't constantly ring or text her. Kept brief, allowed her and myself time on replying back. To be honest, it took me longer to reply than it did for her.

I'm dating because I want a relationship and settle down with someone. I made my intentions clear. She didn't want it, as the age gap posed problems for her.

That's her choice, her decision. She was honest with me telling me what she wanted. Said I'm a very sweet guy and wished me luck for the future.

Looking back, we did probably want different things. I'd love to have children. She told me she didn't want anymore after her daughter.

We've decided to part ways. It's experience and it's something I can learn from.

I write this down to express my thoughts (get it off my chest), but also get second opinions and advice on it.

11. corkscrew

corkscrew Guest

Cool man, yea getting back into the dating world is tough. My end goal as well is to meet the right girl, settle down, and have kids. Advice I was given is don't try to force it, try something even if its not promising in the direction you want, and be happy with yourself. Take yourself on a date and get comfortable with the idea that your ideal situation now may not be the ideal situation later.
    Hope if you take this advice it helps, does sound like you are on the right track. take care

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  12. FormerFapaholic

Like what you said, the whole purpose of dating is wanting to get to know the woman as well. To see if we're compatable or not.

I've got into the mindset of to go with the flow and not to expect anything from it. This helps me prepare and deal with rejection - whether I'm rejecting the woman or being on the receiving end of it.

When it's not successful. I want to learn and move on from that. I think the woman I was potentially going to date liked me, but we just weren't compatible with the age gap and baggage she has.

13. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

Reading through your posts on this thread I can't help feeling that this would have made a great friends with benefits / MILF opportunity. But it was fairly obvious the relationship was a non-starter. Eg telling a 40+ woman with a child that you want children of your own is not likely to lead anywhere. Biology matters.

I'm not sure if it's a hang-over from my FAP days, and it may already be too late anyway, but if you're interested you could contact her to see if the two of you can complete the unfinished business you started that first night. The age difference works great there - youth and experience makes for a good time. You'd just have to totally de-emphasize any emotional relationship stuff.

But if you're only looking for a relationship then I totally respect that.

Reborn16 and FormerFapaholic like this.
  14. FormerFapaholic

Yeah, I was aware of that but having a FWB could have its dangers of me getting emotionally attached to her. Don't get me wrong, I like sex but I want to have a relationship.

15. FormerFapaholic

After the rejection. I've picked myself back up, and channelled my energy into doing voluntary work in my spare time. To keep me busy and help me move on from this. Looking forwards to see how it all pans out.

Unas and Saskia Simone like this.
  16. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

I wish you luck, you have maturity and introspection and will make the right woman very happy x

17. FormerFapaholic

Thank you Hazel. It's definitely one of the positives I'm taking from this. Furthermore, at least I'm getting myself out there. Plucking up the courage, asking women out and not living in fear of rejection. The worst they can do is say no, and there's nothing to lose. There will be someone out there for me who's more compatible x