Ever been in a car accident?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Yeah, I think someone ran over my foot when I was young if I can recall correctly. Scared the hell out of me. Didn't do shit to my foot though.

Namekian23 likes this.
  2. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Yeah but if you think about it the car's tires is made out of rubber. It's not like titanium or concrete; that would hurt like a bitch.

3. Exactly.

4. neaxudos

neaxudos New Fapstronaut

I’ve been an accident victim, and it wasn’t cool at all. I’ve been driving my brother’s car and got hit by a driver who didn’t look at the road properly and hasn’t seen me coming.

5. Frank86

Frank86 New Fapstronaut

I was in an accident once, I was at fault. I gave all my money at the time, to fix another person's car. I was very upset, but the main thing is that no one was hurt.

6. InformalPermit8701

InformalPermit8701 Fapstronaut

Sadly so.

The first time I was driving in the interstate at 3am (I had to make a 3 hour round trip to pick a friend up from the airport) and I was 20 minutes from home when a deer decided to commit suicide on the front of my truck. Unfortunately this eldritch beast of a deer did enough damage and the truck was totaled.

I spent over a month looking for a new car and 2 short months after getting it some guy ran a red. He hit one car and bounced off it into me. Both of the cars that were hit turned 90° from the impact. Thankfully insurance covered the damage and I still have that suv.

I've nearly been hit a few times since then, and every case has involved me turning left and someone else ignoring the red of the light or stop sign.

7. AngLucero

AngLucero Fapstronaut

Yes, but nothing serious happened. I just now now, that everyone should be twice better attentive even if you're right, it's better to watch out

8. Pictatasu

Pictatasu New Fapstronaut

I recently saw your post and wanted to share my opinion. Fortunately, I haven't been in a car accident myself, but I know they can be really scary and stressful.

9. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

As a bit of a wild child growing up and had a few accidents. All with me driving and I was alone in the car, except number 3 below.
    1) Drag racing at 105 MPH in a 35 MPH and slammed into the back of a Cadillac that was sitting at a red light. I had the brakes fully deployed, so probably was going about 70 MPH when I hit them. Fortunately they were not hurt although they broke the front bench seat flat down into the backseat from my impact. I needed stiches in my chin from hitting the steering wheel.
    2) Rolled a car on it's roof going 75 MPH down the express way. I was looking down and lost control. That messed me up bad as my head went partially out of the sunroof as the car rolled. I was able to pull my head back into the car before it completely crushed my head, but I heard crunching as the car started to crush my head. I had to roll the window down and crawl out the car as it sat on it's roof. I was a bloody mess and had pain almost everywhere on my body.
    3) My friends were driving across peoples lawns in a Volkswagen beetle as I was hanging on the outside the car on the floorboard. I fell off onto the grass, but wasn't hurt.
    4) Several other fender benders, but you get the point. Being an idiot as a young man has its hazards.

10. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

Reviving an old thread I see ;)

11. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Not car accident but bike.
    Last year, while coming back from college to home. I was feeling very sleepy, one of my friend asked for lift, I don't remember much, only few flashes like I dropped him on bus stop and then I was near petrol pump with one car and a bus ahead of me, and then I remember waking up on foot path with people surrounding me. I was too scared at that time, maybe due adrenaline but I didn't felt pain, only slight tiredness, I just wanted to pick my bike and leave, but people didn't allow me since it was not safe.

I don't remember what exactly I told them, but due to tiredness I sat down, next flash is of me trying to open my phone pattern lock, then next flash of me calling my father, next flash I made a mistake and called someone else instead of my father, I again tried and this time he picked the call, I told him I am near petrol pump and had a accident, he asked me can I drive, since I had no idea about my condition I said yes, but the people are not allowing me to leave. Then, in next flash I remember I was in front of the stairs, removing shoes to get in the house, my parents were telling something, but I couldn't focus on them, I tried to remove clothes and wash myself like my usual routine after coming back from college, in the mirror I saw something on my face, I thought it's dirt, I tried to wash it, but then I realized it was blood, not only blood but a scar covering almost my entire left face.

After trying to wash with water, I came back to my senses, I sat down with others cleaning me with antiseptic etc, then we went doctor, again on that same bike with my father driving, this time I had already woken up from that dreamy state, doctor told that we will have to stich my chin, bleeding was not stopping there, I thought it would be painful, I focused my thoughts on god, the process completed without much pain.
    During the next 4 to 5 days, movement was painful, but waking up next day from sleep was even more painful. All my friends were like - don't worry bro, plastic surgery can be easily done; I knew that my mental state is more important than physical, I had heard stories of patients whom doctors had said that they won't be ever able to get up from bed, but these people defied all logic and even ran marathons. So, I was like - don't worry, It's just a scratch, I used to visualize my face healing to its previous state, all while keeping faith on my god.

And many still can't believe it, I was back to college within 2 weeks, with no scar or mark on my face. The dead skin peeled of to give a pinkish skin, but I applied cream on it since it was too new to be exposed to sun or outer temperature, it would definitely turn black. After 3 days, I stopped doing that also, the skin turned into my normal skin tone.

Maybe since I had only visualized about face, my face is so much normal that no one can tell even after looking at it for hours, that I went through such accident, but on other parts of my body I still have many marks. A positive mindset is a must in such situation. Also, what was strange, that I have no memories of it, but after accident I sat in a cab and told him the way to my home, this was later told to me by my father, he also asked people around petrol pump, the person who hit me was in a car, he didn't even stop and ran sped away.

Khufu likes this.
  12. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I had a 2002 Camry, and over a decade ago, I had showed up to my job at the time, right outside the main window. Not only 30 seconds later, a large box truck shows up to turn into the alleyway across the street from me. I thought "oh shit, he's gonna hit me." He did. Destroyed my door, ripped off my mirror, damaged the fender, and nearly ripped off my bumper.

Luckily he stopped for a delivery and told him to stay where he was since he hit my car with me in it. He had the audacity to tell the cop it was my fault I stopped in front of him (but on the side of the road?) My boss was my only true witness from the company's brutal insurance company. He damn near totalled my car. Haven't seen him since, so I assume he was fired