What I feel after 9 months clean

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by fercho29, Feb 13, 2016.

1. This is the problem about this addiction @incredulo We cannot think with our brain, we think with our dicks.
    BTW, if you speak Spanish we have a Spanish speaker group that you can join
    Fercho

2. Thank you very much @Brian V.
    Actually I am already at 10.5 months, with some days easier than others.
    If I could do it, you can do it. It will be painful, and some days you will feel that you are a loser and cannot do it.
    Never lower your arms, defeat is not an option.
    I recommend you to create your own "Emergency Toolbox" with readings that can be handy to read when you start feeling urges to screw up.
    I can share this post with you with my own Emergency Toolbox, it helped me a lot during the first few months, i had them in my cell and read them every time I started falling down:

http://www.NoFap.com/forum/index.ph...t-during-my-first-100-days.45178/#post-309287

I wrote some tips in this post that perhaps will help you too:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/tips-that-helped-me-to-start-my-reboot.46617/#post-330318

You can watch some interesting videos which are also very helpful in this post:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?th...t-help-me-a-lot-during-my-reboot.39774/page-2

I also suggest you to read "Breaking the Cycle" by George Collins, it is a must-read if you are serious about getting rid of this addiction.

Last but not least, I would strongly recommend you to take the NoFap Academy course if you can afford it. The course is great but the best value are the weekly video calls with @alexander (the creator of NoFap and NoFap Academy) and Mark Queppet, where you can chat with them in real life and listen to other guys's stories and problems too.

I hope that all this helps you to fight this shitty addiction.

Fercho

im_alive and Brian V. like this.
  3. nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough Fapstronaut

Can I ask for some advice, as the girlfriend of an addict?

I keep getting angry with him and so upset for his relapses. I know depend own that guilting him isn't going to help matters. Trying to control his movements won't help (I've banned him from taking his phone to the toilet, I check his phone all the time etc etc) but what else can I do? He is breaking my heart, and I want him to stop. He wants to stop. What is the best way for me to help him stop? I can't just stand by and watch it continue though, it's killing me.

4. Hi @nevergoodenough
    I understand your pain, you may feel very impotent watching him relapsing once and again.
    Controlling is not the right method, that's for sure. We addicts become the " Great Pretenders" and we will always find a way to elapse if we want.
    He needs first of all somebody who understands his struggle and what he is going through. We do not want to feel as victims, but neither as criminals.
    You need to help him make the right decisions every time he gets an urge. He needs to make the decision to quit PMO for his own best interest, to improve his life ( and yours too).
    If he does not have all the will power he needs, you can help hm.
    I will strongly suggest that he enrolled in the NoFap Academy E-course, and both watch the videos together. You may also attend the vide calls with Mark and @alexander together and will be super cool if both speak online with them
    Just ask hm if he finds this useful, you should not sophocate him neither.
    Also, try to make hm identify what is going on in his life every time he gets an urge. Usually it is a want cope wth some problems, stress, sadness or anger
    I hope this helps
    Fercho