We Should Stop Cursing Too

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Estus, Oct 17, 2017.

1. She didn't. I assume she wasn't suggesting she would lie there swearing to herself. :rolleyes:

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Because they frustrate you :emoji_laughing:

3. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

4. I for one think its a good idea to strive for, I myself never been much of a loudmouth, nor have I been swearing much. Most times I used swear words is when I hurt myself or get angry, So think its a nice thought to give up swearing and yelling, most situations it doesn't help.

5. That is not what the scientific article you referenced said.

6. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Stop cursnig? FUCK, I MADE A TYPO!

pranav02 likes this.
  7. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @Estus I do support you in this. I need to be on the "yelling" one.

Edit: DOH. Hit reply too quick. Meant to ask: How is this going?

8. "Let us stop being slaves to our bodies, but rather be masters of it!"
    That is an amazing point! We have to train our mind and our body day by day:)

9. pranav02

pranav02 Fapstronaut

15 y/o and I used to find myself succumbing to peer-pressure on swearing cause' y'know this is the age when you do it, rather a lil earlier than this but I keep remembering this one thing I read somewhere "Integrity is what you do when no one is watching" and that resonates within myself loud and clear. I mean, what's the point of swearing just to be cool or to express your authority over others or even merely due to lack of self-control. Anyways, after reading this, my opinions have been reaffirmed and I think I'll continue to abstain from swearing too. Good luck to all trying this.

10. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I can't stop cursing. I spent some time in the Big Green Gun Club.

11. I found another great post to resurrect. For me personally, who has grown up with a foul mouth, I really don’t swear that much anymore. It’s strange. Around the time I started putting together longer streaks my desire to swear has gone down significantly. It’s a rarity anymore these days.

Is this the same for others?