1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting Smoking (minor version compared to some)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ItalianStallion888, Feb 4, 2024.

1. ItalianStallion888

ItalianStallion888 Fapstronaut

Hello. I have been back to a variety of bad habits. PMO for sure, relapsed this past Friday and have completed 2 days avoiding chasers and further relapses.

But also, since I'm a non-drinker... I partook in a few cigarettes at a party two Saturdays ago. Since then I have smoked 2-3 cigarettes every evening for a week. Just goes to show how much I suffer from an "addictive personality" as they call it.

I'm curious if there are any other people in here who have experience with quitting smoking. I have generally only smoked regularly for periods of a few months at a time before quitting and staying away from it for much longer lengths of time. Those past times though, I would do it all day every day. This was more mild as I only did evenings for a week before I'm trying to head down the path of quitting. The difference though, is those past times in my life other circumstances, like being a student or working for myself or being unemployed, made it a little bit more plausible to just quit, endure getting very sick, and eventually recover.

This time it is very important that I quit and that I minimize suffering, because I have a lot of good things going on right now. I don't want to have a bad mood episode at work or be leaving my desk to cough up mucus.

It has only been a week of smoking in the evenings, so I'm hoping it's okay, but this evening I got such a terrible headache I smoked half a cigarette just now, and I have definitely been irritable already because I'm generally a moody guy.

I guess a lot of this mirrors NoFap, the journey of abstaining from PMO. No substance or self-gratifying pastime is worth giving up your health, your wealth, your capacity to connect with others and naturally enjoy the outside world.

Just looking for some support and connection specifically about the matter of smoking. I will probably make a similar and separate post about PMO. Last thing to say here, I'm back boys. Leaving this site or even just not making a routine of engaging with it, was a mistake. Thanks for still being here everybody.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  2. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Good luck quitting smoking.. you can do it!